which uni has the largest and smallest campus? (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
Out of all the universities which has the largest and samllest campus? Im sure ACU has the smallest, and i would guess USYD has the largest. But i think maybe one of the other unis might be bigger and i dont know it, or even the country because there tends to be more space for expansion.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
This has been done before. But USYD is small. You put all 6 campuses of UWS together and you have one monsterous uni. Hawkesbury alone is 1300 hectres.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
University of Newcastle:

23155 students (2004) on approximately 220 hectares (combined between the Callaghan [main] and Ourimbah campuses).

LazyBoy

HSC
no im not talking put together. im talking which campus, as in singular.

and really i didnt know that the the hawksbury campus was that large. wonder if any of the country universities are larger.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thanks ... I couldn't be bothered loading the website. And yes ... its a singular campus. Its that big cause there are a number of paddocks and a couple of vineyards. You can ride horses sometimes too ... which is pretty cool :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
i don't know how big ACU Strathfield is in size, but we have 2500 students there.

the campuses in victoria are even smaller, i believe. i think ballarat has 600 (?) but i'll double check that :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Well if you want singular, Callaghan is 140 hectares, and Ourimbah 80

LazyBoy

HSC
what universities that a part of? and what is the main focus of those campus? agriculture like at UWS Hawkesbury?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
natstar said:
UWS Cambelltown- 166 Ha
UWS Penrith- 158 ha
USYD Camberdown and Darlington- 72 Ha
UNSW Kensington- 38 Ha
My gosh they are small!! well to compared where i go anyway.

Agriculture isn't the main focus of Hawkesbury ... it has more of an environmental focus - which also holds, tourism, agriculture, horticulture, vineculture, and lots to do with animals (forgotten what its called).

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If you think UTS is small you should venture out of the city a bit..... CSU Albury city and Thurgoona campuses and La Trobe Albury-Wodonga campus are much smaller.

Plus this once again is a pretty zany question... i mean, UTS is very tall so are you talking about campus size in terms of floorspace or simply acreage?

Last edited:

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah Haweksbury is home to an Equine research and Demonstration Unit, food processing pilot plant, vineyard and boutique winery, outdoor ecology engineering experimental research site, a crime scene house (for criminology) as well as nursing labs.
sounds nice! :)

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
Albert K. Holic said:
come on, surely UTS has one of the smallest campus
The St. Leonards campus seems pretty small but i've never been there, just seen a map of it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
natstar said:
Id like to see what the crime house is all about. Sounds interesting!
Me too. I wonder where it is. I might do some investigating on wednesday :D

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
une is 74ha, although most of it isn't taken up by buildings and stuff - i'd say the buildings only take up maybe 10? if that... but then we have uni farms and stuff nearby so all up its pretty big

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
macquarie = over 30000 students and covers 126 ha (includes film school, residential college, leased commercial property)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)