who felt like crying - THREE poems for Harwood?? (merged) (1 Viewer)

aurora

who felt like crying wen they saw THREE poems for Harwood????

my heart STOPPED when i saw THREE freakin' poems for harwood. that was CRUEL!!i did that essay last cos i simply didnt remember any poems well other than AM n PG which i've prepared for. but i squeezed in F&C cos i wrote an analysis on it like ages ago. i didnt even put in any decent quotes or techniques, just random words dat i remember... that essay's soooo screwed, the marker is gonna know instantly dat i didnt revise that poem... damn da ppl who wrote that question!!!!!!!!

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
I've got one thing to say to you.

Boo-frickety-hoo.

The BOS could very well hae determined exactly which poems to write about.

If they'd SPECIFIEC three, then how do you think you'd have gone?

HSC
it was really gay!
i opened the paper up ihn reading time and looked at gwen first (it's my favourite module, don't ask why) and i saw that question and i started laughing coz
i was so annoyed it was funny
my teach said we only really needed to know 2 indepth and the rest just a general overview
when i came out of the exam everyone was like "wtf was with the 3 poems!"

i did prize giving and glass jar, then whacked in fath & child with some bull shitt
feminist and pyschoanalytical reading...
i left this one till last coz i thought i would get the most markx for this one...
turns out i was wrong... :(

aurora

FreakTrigger said:
I've got one thing to say to you.

Boo-frickety-hoo.

The BOS could very well hae determined exactly which poems to write about.

If they'd SPECIFIEC three, then how do you think you'd have gone?
all im saying is dat dat was a pretty nasty trick they played on us, im sure dat most students in da state only studied for two poems n r pretty pissed at da whole "THREE poems" thing.

Darkhors3

HSC
Mmm, i had only done 2 of Yeats poems, could remember enough from a third to waffle...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Honestly, how hard is it to know three poems instead of two?

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
i was good
i did a speech earlier in the year with 2 different poems to wat i studied for in the test
but i also thought it was a sly one by the board of studies

Jaydels

HSC
aurora said:
my heart STOPPED when i saw THREE freakin' poems for harwood. that was CRUEL!!i did that essay last cos i simply didnt remember any poems well other than AM n PG which i've prepared for. but i squeezed in F&C cos i wrote an analysis on it like ages ago. i didnt even put in any decent quotes or techniques, just random words dat i remember... that essay's soooo screwed, the marker is gonna know instantly dat i didnt revise that poem... damn da ppl who wrote that question!!!!!!!!
Thats why you study all 6 and know them all really well....then there's not really any surprises or difficult situations :cool:

hayley232

HSC
Indeed it was a sly trick! And i wasn't prepared either but my teacher did tell us they could very well specify which poems to write about, which would have been alot worse. so on my behalf it was my own fault for not studying more than two of the poems! but i think i got through it ok as i did brush over a third poem briefly. Although i do feel sorry for the kids who's teachers told them they only needed to know two texts and that was it. so u can't snap at people just because they didn't know they had to learn more than 2 poems! on the other hand, kids like me might at well be blamed for our laziness :rolleyes: good luck everyone

Theodopolis

HSC
I'm confused... how did any of the people who were mortified at the prospect of three poems plan to tackle a question if a specific poem was required?

If your teacher advised you to prepare the bare minimum (2 poems) then I lament the quality of teaching in some places.

Estelle

yeah i was sad ! i mean we could of expected something like this, but i was still mortified i didnt think they would be that mean hah oh well, at least i remembered some quote from a third peom to throw in but by christ has my band 6 gone down to a band 4 :(

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
Interesting how we only got one supp. text for AoS (less than normal) but there was 3 specified (more than normal) for that paper...

Theodopolis

HSC
Schroedinger said:
You have a good teacher.

Yes. Luckily he doesn't have the tendency to spend the entire lesson outlining what he will teach during the lesson.

and whatever time is left, telling a certain member of the class to leave.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
chooette said:
Interesting how we only got one supp. text for AoS (less than normal) but there was 3 specified (more than normal) for that paper...
No.
There has only EVER been ONE supp. text for AoS, the 2 is a lie perpetuated by paranoid English teachers. The 3 specified were all part of the set text for Module B, and well within BoS' right to do so, as they did last year with "2 extracts".

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It made me relieved that whilst I didn't study anything in particular- I kept my options opened in case they specified by studying general bits from all the poems *phew*

pamelapamela

HSC
is anyone thinking for herself???

im just so glad my teacher said not to expect 2 poems....he hates prepared answers and so do i...what are we learning after all????how to write like everyone else or how to think for ourselves? i hate formulas in movies and i hate them in how peole live and i hate them in the hsc and people who bought or prepared answers for two poems deserve everything they get...

bunkers

HSC
why wood u only need to know 2 poems for the critical study anyway, i do Hughes 4 telling the truth and i knew two poems for that aswell as two additional materials so i reckon you probably shood have prepared for at least three poems anyway

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
i hope the BOS people who made that question like. die.

I only learn two poems in detail and when i saw it was three, i looked around the room and everyone was like "FUCKKK!!". so whilst i did The Glass Jar and Prizegiving, i also did Violets but i made that up cos i forgot quotes- i just focused on the child development and transcendance of time part and how it helped give value to Gwen Harwoods poetry.... or some bullshit like that.

But fuck u BOS, i had to make up my third poem !!!! But it says "REFER" so at least i mentioned three texts and its relevance etc etc.

HSC
Theodopolis said:
Yes. Luckily he doesn't have the tendency to spend the entire lesson outlining what he will teach during the lesson.

and whatever time is left, telling a certain member of the class to leave.
Hmmm.. where have I heard that before?

To the original poster - tough shit, should have studied the poems.

HSC
Gwen Harwood - 3 fcking poems!!!

ne1 else get taken by the left field gwen harwood question??!!?!?!?!

refer to THREE poems in your answer!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)