Who's had their electrical items checked and tagged? (1 Viewer)

natrap

I'm living in Austin and they told me (actually I inquired) that all electrical items need to be tagged by an electrician prior to arriving at the college. If I had not asked they could not have expected me to know this. Does anyone know if it is possible to get them checked when we arrive at the college? Alternatively does anyone know if they are quite lax about this issue? Or does anyone know if they simply do not let you use your electrical items if they haven't been tagged? So who has had their's done?

bobbles

yep, 7 tags, $5 each, my cousin goes to uni in canberra and said they dont really care that much about it there, but theres a fire, and no tag on the cord, its your arse (apparently)

also the electrician was at the end of the roll of sticker things, so he gave me the couple left over with everything filled out except the item name \o/

(all they do is check they arent fraying, and that they... work)

QEdit: only whatever plugs right into the wall needs a tag, like my mobile phone needs a japanese power adapter, so the adapter is tagged, not the cord that i plug into it, and my power board too

Last edited:

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I think it was mentioned in the letter Duval sent out that we needed stuff tagged... I got it all done tonight, in preparation for tomorrow... I have soo much electrical shit, it was quite expensive.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
yeah i got a friend from sydney to do mine, and he didnt bring enuff tags, so i have half my stuff tagged

T

trace|element

dont worry they ask around everyone who needs stuff tagged and organise it to be tagged by a sparky.

Ashleet

HSC
mary white didnt say anything, even when i asked them ( they ignored my question :mad:)

T

trace|element

mary white I got asked to join them last year even though I didnt apply for it at all. Must be that I am OLD or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)