Whos Smarter? Private or Public School in Legal? (1 Viewer)

Whos more smarter in legal?

• Private schools kick Public School Ass!

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • Public schools kick Private School Ass!

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • They\'re equal, just the amount of effort put into it....

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • No idea, i\'m just stupid

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

blazezs

Cast your vote, believe it or not.....

I see more private school student doing legal then public...

And they look heck way more smarter den the public ones :(

guoben

Banned
well 2yrs ago we had 0 band 6
last year we had 5
this yr prolly around 8 outta 22 ppl

so i think public is doing alrite

blazezs

Originally posted by Asquithian
Many private schools do not offer legal studies...due to the less that super scaling...many public schools offer it and many public schools do well in it...

Asquith boys had one legal class...a brilliant teacher...and two band 6s outta a class of 13 non selective boys

thats not too bad:rolleyes:

ahhhhhhh, i see :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
well the sydney boys high legal candidature is a load of crap :D
their top guys are all cheaters :D
yes im talking to you guoben

guoben

Banned
Originally posted by Newbie
well the sydney boys high legal candidature is a load of crap :D
their top guys are all cheaters :D
yes im talking to you guoben

excuse me
but i have no idea who u are

and i dun appreciate pointless comments like this.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Well we have a brilliant teacher too and I like out chances of all getting band 6. Seriously. And we a re public. And whats this shit about private schools looking smarter than public, oh sorry, I forgot, for the legal exam they ask you to send in a photo! Im sorry but that was a really dumb statement.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
Many private schools do not offer legal studies...due to the less that super scaling...
It is considered a less academic subject on the whole, AFAIK it's about knowledge and not reasoning. Hence it was dropped at SGS.

kass

HSC
Hmm I go to a private school, and we have a class of 20 , and I think we have a good chance of getting some band 6's. I really do think it depends on the conditure at each school, not nessecarily the school.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i spose it depends on ur teacher and also the students being taught.

if ur teacher doesnt give a hoot, then the students wont and visa versa.

but i reckon out of my legal class we got 1 band 6, one or two band 5s and the rest... well no idea prolly not very good, they never did anything anyway. But i reckon if we hadnt changed teachers we would have had at least 5 band 6's.

public over private anyday. u cant pay for a good education.

blazezs

Originally posted by eviltama
i spose it depends on ur teacher and also the students being taught.

if ur teacher doesnt give a hoot, then the students wont and visa versa.

but i reckon out of my legal class we got 1 band 6, one or two band 5s and the rest... well no idea prolly not very good, they never did anything anyway. But i reckon if we hadnt changed teachers we would have had at least 5 band 6's.

public over private anyday. u cant pay for a good education.
Thats not true, if you have money. You can buy yourself a position and study, believe me money can buy you education.

If you have money, you can afford better tutor etc, thus increases your chances of getting higher marks.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by blazezs

Thats not true, if you have money. You can buy yourself a position and study, believe me money can buy you education.

If you have money, you can afford better tutor etc, thus increases your chances of getting higher marks.
u can buy all that.. but its not gonna matter if u dont use ur own brain and work.All the money in the world could be spent on the worlds best tutors and the best schools but its not the level of education that u can buy that sits ur exams.. its you.

thats y public school is better than private. We have to use our brains to get ahead in the public education system.. we dont get spoonfed an education.

blazezs

Originally posted by eviltama

u can buy all that.. but its not gonna matter if u dont use ur own brain and work.All the money in the world could be spent on the worlds best tutors and the best schools but its not the level of education that u can buy that sits ur exams.. its you.

thats y public school is better than private. We have to use our brains to get ahead in the public education system.. we dont get spoonfed an education.
Thats true to an extend, what that really matters in the end is our brain power!!

I'm sure alot of Public school students have higher IQ then those who go to Private School...

Never judge someone by their uniform, judge them who they are!

KarmaKitten

HSC
We have a pretty crap teacher although she is lovely. But as long as I put in the work and so does the rest of the class, I think we can do okay. So far all the previous years have done quite well.

stressed monkie

im a random
ok i go to a catholic school so thats more private than it is public i guess (thats wat they tell us lol) and in my yr 12 we have 3 legal classes and my teacher is the absolute best and were all doing really well but i have to admit the money my parents spend to send me there is payiung off cause i used to go to a public school and i honestly learnt nothing but on the other hand alot of ppl i used to go to school with were really smart just the atmosphere didn't embrace then like private school atmosphere does

Beanie

HSC
When looking at the public schools, you need to take into account the selective schools, as they are all public and often contain more academically gifted students that the private schools. At my selective school, all but 2 got band 6 results in the 2002 HSC.

sophi

one of the top performing schools in the subject in 2002 was a non-selective & comprehensive public school - 26 band 6s out of 49 students in 2002. we kick'd but man !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)