who's started? (1 Viewer)

studiousbiatch

HSC
i havent :( was planning on starting and finishing these hols but have had major set backs out of my hands so i dont think i can :( please people make me feel better- have you started?

HSC
N/A
I imagine there will be people who haven't started yet, but that's not the main concern at hand. Whether people have or have not started, it is most important for YOU to get your act together asap :) (speaking plainly here, but just because other people haven't started doesn't mean yours will magically start of it's own accord, you know?)

I'm not hugely familiar with the Video/Multimedia/Film medium, but there must be something you can do - eg preliminary research, planning. There is ALWAYS something you can do!

Remember, the longer you sit there thinking "omg I can't do it... so behind... I'll never catch up" is more time wasted when you could have been going "ok I'm starting NOW, I am going to grab this piece of paper *grab* and I am going to write down my ideas *furious scribbling* ok! Now I have something!"

Come on girl - the sooner you do something (anything, really), is when you'll feel better and more in control of things. Trust me - starting is always the hardest part, but once you get it done and out of the way you know you've got your first hurdle out of the way.

Good luck, and I don't want to see you back on BOS until you have a first draft (or relevant medium equivelant) done! :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Glitterfairy is right - just work, don't ask about other people or even focus on your situation, just work.

Script some scenes, buy/rent/research/borrow the props or costumes you may or may not need, just focus on your work. The worst thing is wasting time worrying when you could have finished your work - don't let it happen to you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Buy yourself 3 tapes and just go to the city or somewhere for a day and just do nonstop taping. Friend currently doing HSC, did that and completely changed their perspective :)

studiousbiatch

HSC
nah guys you've misunderstood.

ive done the planning. so well that i came first in viva voce.

ive filmed a flashback which will take up like 20 seconds of the film, i just cant start filming the actualllll thing because the main actor is unavailable. which smells.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
studiousbiatch said:

ive filmed a flashback which will take up like 20 seconds of the film, i just cant start filming the actualllll thing because the main actor is unavailable. which smells.
Would it be possible to get another main actor? Maybe ask a drama student from your school?

studiousbiatch

HSC
yeah thats the thing... i cant... the main has to look a VERY particular way for the film to work and i dont know anyone else that looks like it...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
He looks like a clown doesnt he...or a pirate ninja zombie warrior!

HSC
N/A
studiousbiatch said:

How long will they be unavaliable?

I know how "possessive" we can get over things but if he's not going to be avaliable until it's too late, you're just going to have to re-adapt your story to work for another actor.

studiousbiatch

HSC
ok i filmed today. so many mishaps occurred despite my extensive planning...

1/2 the footage now has no sound! grrr bloody external mic decided not to record gahh. im hoping ill be able to put music in the background so the silence doesnt sound weird and then record the actors voices at school and dub them in. fingers crossed.

also- how important is lighting and sound to the markers. obviously its majorly important in the 'real' film world- but if you cant get amazing lighting or sound due to lack of resources/expertise... do they mark you down? or is it mostly based on script and directing and filming? thanks!

studiousbiatch

HSC
also- is it ok to use heaps of music? (famous music i mean) i know its not copywrited etc- but would it be a problem? like would they think you were relying on it too much? cause i looove putting music to films and i already know 4 songs ill prob use in like 3 minutes. oops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)