• Maybe - I don't know!

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No - Still need more time!

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

akkjen

HSC
N/A
How's everyones study going? Whose confident for english? What about your other exams?
Wish everyone the best of luck!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Keen to hear how you guys are preparing for the New syllabus English exam.

StudyOnly

HSC
Keen to hear how you guys are preparing for the New syllabus English exam.
Preparing? Nice joke...😂
But seriously....I wouldn't be prepared (or rather feel confident) for english if I was given a 100 years...
Aiming for a band 5, even if it's a low one!

TeheeCat

HSC
Feels at the moment no matter how much study I do I will never be prepared for english
100% me as well! For Common mod, A and B: I wrote generic essays and attempted to adapt it to queations under time conditions (Ik you are not supposed to memorise essays but I am desperate ahahaha). I might write out my cheatsheet listing quotes, flow of ideas etc...

Completely lost on how to prepare for Module C lol

TheOnePheeph

HSC
100% me as well! For Common mod, A and B: I wrote generic essays and attempted to adapt it to queations under time conditions (Ik you are not supposed to memorise essays but I am desperate ahahaha). I might write out my cheatsheet listing quotes, flow of ideas etc...

Completely lost on how to prepare for Module C lol
Lol common mod is the absolute worst for me because we have the worst possible text you could imagine (Tim Winton). Mod A and B I'm not too worried for, but I'm not feeling very good still. Mod C hopefully is imaginative. Really hope I can scrape a band 5, but its not looking likely at this rate haha. To think I need to do well in English to enter a maths/science degree.

lucyfitz

HSC
Oh god I'm so underprepared LMAO! For common mod I'm quite literally just gonna do a quick revision of things like visual techniques for the short answers, and I've got about 11 quotes that link to themes, human experience, a tad bit of context and a personal reaction. I can't remember any of it lol. Mod A basically the same thing minus human experience or personal reaction, Mod B I'm so screwed for it's not even funny. Got another table full of quotes technique theme ect with a dash of textual integrity thrown in there and a couple of critics I won't remember. Mod C I feel is going to be the easiest. The whole module is designed to stop you from being able to prepare - and honestly, I'm good at pulling it off without preparation. Got an imaginative prepared from earlier in the year which I'll reproduce vaguely if it's imaginative - and I have a topic for my discursive + some examples. Feel fine about that. I don't think they'll ask us to specify in Mod C though since it's the first year, more likely will give us a choice of our writing mode. Bleh. If anybody has 1984/Keats/King Henry IV Part one/Atwood notes please send them my way!

Also - do you guys think Mod A will be an essay? I have a feeling it's gonna be something stupid like a letter/conversation/interview... Tbh I'd rather that because I feel like I could pull it off. Overall feeling shit about everything though. Really neglecting studying a whole lot lol. Aiming for a band 5?

StudyOnly

HSC
Lol common mod is the absolute worst for me because we have the worst possible text you could imagine (Tim Winton). Mod A and B I'm not too worried for, but I'm not feeling very good still. Mod C hopefully is imaginative. Really hope I can scrape a band 5, but its not looking likely at this rate haha. To think I need to do well in English to enter a maths/science degree.
Hoping for a discursive (I know everyone seems to hate it) or choice of the three at least. I find discursive easier than imaginative.

StudyOnly

HSC
Also - do you guys think Mod A will be an essay? I have a feeling it's gonna be something stupid like a letter/conversation/interview... Tbh I'd rather that because I feel like I could pull it off. Overall feeling shit about everything though. Really neglecting studying a whole lot lol. Aiming for a band 5?
Wait what.....they can ask you to write a letter/conversation/interview for Mod A?

TeheeCat

HSC
Hoping for a discursive (I know everyone seems to hate it) or choice of the three at least. I find discursive easier than imaginative.
To this day, I am still not 100% sure on how to write a discursive piece. Like I understand it's more conversational andexplores multiple viewpoints of a topic, but i dont know the expected standards of one (Im the type that needs to see an example to understand, which my teacher hasn't exactly given)

lucyfitz

HSC
Goodbye to my chances of even scrapping a band 5 if that happens lol

I sincerely hope it won't happen.
I don't know - I kinda feel like it's easy to bullshit? I got a "conversation" for Mod A in trials without realising that was even possible lol and without studying at all - just had some quotes. Somehow got an 85%? And my teachers sure as hell aren't easy markers either LMAO! My point is idk if you've studied I feel like it's quite adaptable, and it forces people to reconsider their language. I reckon we have a better chance if they do this because honestly, it means nobody has real sophisticated language tbh. If you have a solid understanding of the text and have your prepared examples, themes ideas ect you should be able to pull it off. Nobody is TRULY prepared.

akkjen

HSC
N/A
I don't know - I kinda feel like it's easy to bullshit? I got a "conversation" for Mod A in trials without realising that was even possible lol and without studying at all - just had some quotes. Somehow got an 85%? And my teachers sure as hell aren't easy markers either LMAO! My point is idk if you've studied I feel like it's quite adaptable, and it forces people to reconsider their language. I reckon we have a better chance if they do this because honestly, it means nobody has real sophisticated language tbh. If you have a solid understanding of the text and have your prepared examples, themes ideas ect you should be able to pull it off. Nobody is TRULY prepared.
Do you have write it like:

Person 1: Have you read the book?
Person 2: Yes, I liked the theme....
Person 1: Same, but.....

TeheeCat

HSC
This is something I'm curious about too. Supposedly they ask you to write a conversation or dialogue, do you write it like a script or...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)