Will I be disadvantaged? (1 Viewer)

JonathonRON

HSC
Currently thinking of doing modern history through Sydney distance education high school, this means that when ever someone has modern history normally in their class, I’ll be in the library doing worksheets assigned to me by the distance education school, they’ll supposedly have notes and clarifications on them, I’ll also have a modern teacher at my school available if I need any help. Do you think this is a good idea? Do students who are doing modern history through their school have an advantage over me? I’m willing to put the effort in and on top of that, I’ve been obsessed with history over the last 2 years, I already possess a great wealth of knowledge about the world wars, Ideologies and individuals.

JonathonRON

HSC
Currently thinking of doing modern history through Sydney distance education high school, this means that when ever someone has modern history normally in their class, I’ll be in the library doing worksheets assigned to me by the distance education school, they’ll supposedly have notes and clarifications on them, I’ll also have a modern teacher at my school available if I need any help. Do you think this is a good idea? Do students who are doing modern history through their school have an advantage over me? I’m willing to put the effort in and on top of that, I’ve been obsessed with history over the last 2 years, I already possess a great wealth of knowledge about the world wars, Ideologies and individuals. My second option other than doing modern history is Ancient history, I have some mild knowledge about it already as I recall reading a book about the Greek world. Btw the reason why I’m thinking of doing modern history through distance education is because modern history is on the same line on economics, but I really want to do economics.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Currently thinking of doing modern history through Sydney distance education high school, this means that when ever someone has modern history normally in their class, I’ll be in the library doing worksheets assigned to me by the distance education school, they’ll supposedly have notes and clarifications on them, I’ll also have a modern teacher at my school available if I need any help. Do you think this is a good idea? Do students who are doing modern history through their school have an advantage over me? I’m willing to put the effort in and on top of that, I’ve been obsessed with history over the last 2 years, I already possess a great wealth of knowledge about the world wars, Ideologies and individuals.
Well seems like you really like the subject and are willing to put in effort. In that case you should be fine. You also have a modern history teacher at your school so if you need any essays marked or something you could just ask that teacher. So imo I don't think you have a disadvantage at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)