Will I be penalised for late submission (1 Viewer)

AtarKing

HSC
For MGMT1001 yewwww.PNG, submitted literally on the minute it was due. Not sure if the red text implies something? This was my first submission.

AtarKing

HSC
pp.PNG but the submission date is red? Despite the fact its at the due date time? I was under the assumption it was before 9:31, meaning the 30th minute of the 9th our was the last point u could submit it, not before 9:30

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Before 9:30 means before 9:29 and 59 seconds

since urs is in red, you submitted probably after 9:30, 0 seconds but before 9:30 and 59 seconds

you will be penalised 10%

tbh if ur not getting full marks resubmit after working on it for a few more hours

AtarKing

HSC
But in the hypothetical instance they deem 9:30 to be a valid submission time and therefore don't penalise me wouldn't I be foregoing that possibility if I resuvbmitted with at a later time? Or would that never happen?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The lecturer will use their common sense and not penalise you for being a minute late

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't it marked by moodle that it's late

The lecturer has no discretion over it
this^ lecturers dont give a fuck if your 1 second late. they're too lazy to use common sense

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
The lecturer will use their common sense and not penalise you for being a minute late
The deadline was stated clearly. Why should the lecturer let this slide? Those who hand in late should get punished for not being able to follow instructions or plan ahead.

It technically introduces unfairness in terms of completion time for this assignment.

D94

HSC
N/A
Isn't it marked by moodle that it's late

The lecturer has no discretion over it
Someone has to mark it. The marker, on advice of the course convener, will decide if a penalty is given.

D94

HSC
N/A
The deadline was stated clearly. Why should the lecturer let this slide? Those who hand in late should get punished for not being able to follow instructions or plan ahead.

It technically introduces unfairness in terms of completion time for this assignment.
Not really. There is no academic gain with a submission that is seconds or even a few minutes late. Most course conveners recognise this.

boredsatan

HSC
you were only a maximum of 1 minute late, I highly doubt they'd penalise you

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember reading on moodle that people were asking for extensions because they did not submit by 3.59pm

His response was why did you leave it until 3.59 to submit?
Tbh let's say it's up to the discretion of the lecturer and he chooses to penalize you then just take it as a learning experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)