Hi all,

I am currently in Year 9 applying for year 11 selective entry 2021 next year,

My yearly report is:

A lot of slacking off

2 - A's
3 - B's
3 - C's

And my year 10 half-yearly report is still to come

I am hoping the HAST exam will gain me entry if I do really well and was wondering if anyone had similar stories

P.S. If I were to receive a straight A report in year 10 would that look better compared to another person who achieved straights A's in both semesters?

Thank you!

_rakelt

HSC
Tbh, seems like a very generic and average report. If you could bump up only to B's and A's, theres a higher chance. Also depends on what selective school as well.

BiancaBE

HSC
WOW that's a great report I suggest trying for Sydney tech that's a really good school but may I ask why didn't you do the selective test in year 6

coldpole

HSC
Ugh the school bumped down my report now I have 4Bs and 4As now I feel like getting into a selective school is close to impossible at this rate because ppl who am certain who would also try for selective have better reports than me, like only at a max 2B's and the rest A
It's not impossible. I remember 2 years back we had students with straight C's and B's and like 1-2 A's that made it to Girraween High School and Hurlstone. I suggest to do a school that requires an entrance exam. Some schools give easier A's than others, that's why they centralize the system to a test so it's fair. In Yr 10 the most A's someone got was 4, yes I said 4 and for that year 10-15 people left to selective schools. Anyways report isnt an excuse, you have a good chance. To be fair though I was already in a partial selective school so getting A's might have been harder, Im not sure. Anyways just try.

Good luck.

BiancaBE

HSC
Ugh the school bumped down my report now I have 4Bs and 4As now I feel like getting into a selective school is close to impossible at this rate because ppl who am certain who would also try for selective have better reports than me, like only at a max 2B's and the rest A
what honestly sound like something my school did I never got a C in a assessment but they gave me a C in History for no apparent reason

Minari243

HSC
One of my friends got into Penrith for having about 3 A's and 5B's, and then was for yr 10 entry. I'm sure you still have a good chance. If you can keep your reports up a lot, you could always try for baulko. My friend had about 6A's 1B and 1 C and he got 1-8th reserve for that schol. Otherwise, you could always try for fort street or girraween with the hast tests.

Minari243

HSC
Hi all,

I am currently in Year 9 applying for year 11 selective entry 2021 next year,

My yearly report is:

A lot of slacking off

2 - A's
3 - B's
3 - C's

And my year 10 half-yearly report is still to come

I am hoping the HAST exam will gain me entry if I do really well and was wondering if anyone had similar stories

P.S. If I were to receive a straight A report in year 10 would that look better compared to another person who achieved straights A's in both semesters?

Thank you!
If you do well in the HAST exam it is almost guaranteed you're in, even with lacking reports. I remember a person got into yr 11 entry for girra with all c's on his reports, but he did really well on the test. Extra curricular activities would also make a good impression :))

Minari243

HSC
Are you sure with a report that poor they would consider other people, perhaps your friend got distinctions in external comps or must of done something that stood out from their cohort applicants..
Im certain that they definitely focus alot more on the exam than on his reports. His reports aren't even all that bad honestly

Minari243

HSC
What if I try for schools that have no entrance exam tho? Like Penrith..
Penrith is relatively lenient on selecting their students compared with baulko. I know that they do value sports a lot and extra curriculars definitely help. Im sure that if you have a few A's on your reports you will be fine

Minari243

HSC
What do you mean excellent report I have 4B's and 4A's that is shit lol that is severely limiting my chances now unfortunately
That's actually really good tbh, but I guess schools scale differently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)