Will I struggle with B.pharmacy with "NO" HSC sciences AT ALL????? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Will I struggle with B.pharmacy with "NO" HSC sciences AT ALL?????

I have done no science subjects at school.

The only thing related I've done is 3unit math....

My subjects are business,economics,etc.......

How much will I struggle with B.pharmacy at USYD??

Should I just not do it?

viva_la_albert

HSC
Obviously. It's a very chemistry/biology based course. Why do you want to do it if you haven't done any Year 11/12 science?

plasticities

HSC
You can do bridging courses which will get you up to date with assumed knowledge, so you can do it if you really want. But if you don't do it and haven't done any science in year 11 and 12 then I would think you would really struggle. It has chemistry as assumed knowledge so things that they won't even bother to teach, since you should already know it, will make it harder to learn the actual content.

Just out of curiosity why do you want to do pharmacy? I would assume with your subjects you would be more interested in a business degree?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Like previously asked, why do you want to do pharmacy.
You obviously did not want to do anything science based for your HSC, so what makes you want to change your mind?

You will have a slight disadvantage to people who did science at school however that doesn't mean you will struggle too much with it

sghguos

HSC
N/A
For all my high school life I wanted to do commerce finance etc
However I became interested in drug discovery and drug development and I thought it would be a good job I think it will be a good helping to treat/cure diseases. But I don't want to go into an industry where I will be at a huge disadvantage. If I try hard can I still get HD"s. Btw when I'm psychological tested I am meant to be a scientist.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
For all my high school life I wanted to do commerce finance etc
However I became interested in drug discovery and drug development and I thought it would be a good job I think it will be a good helping to treat/cure diseases. But I don't want to go into an industry where I will be at a huge disadvantage. If I try hard can I still get HD"s. Btw when I'm psychological tested I am meant to be a scientist.
I'd strongly advise against it.

Apparently Pharmacy has some heavy chemistry in it, so it'd be a big problem not having done HSC science.

And pharmacy is very saturated. Very. Good luck finding a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)