Work Placement (1 Viewer)

Mond0

HSC
Just wondering where people who did Primary Industries went for work placement and also which primary industries course did you do (horticulture, conservation etc)

Sand Storm

HSC
WOW this PI page is so freaking active aye.

I did my placement in Pre-lim on a sheep station at shearing, so I basically rode a bike around sheep, yelled at my hound and did yard work. I ended up drenching and the like as well.

This year I'm doing it on our property, doing all the same things. I managed to land it in the holidays so I won't fall behind at school :)

gbramley

HSC
hey if its any help.. i did my work placement at a show for a week with the angus at sydney and i recently did lamb marking on a mates property... STILL GOT SOME TO GO!!! argh...right before end of term.

Good Luck!

Happy_Hereford

HSC
I did my work placement on a beef property in Camperdown (bout 150ks west of Geelong), had the best time, as I went down during calving. Got to tag calves, muster cattle on foot & on motorbike, fix electric fences, hand-rear calves, feed market steers, pick out sale steers, and heaps more. My second lot of work placement will either be completed at Melbourne Show, or another week at a different beef stud.

calvie

HSC
i did my work placement during harvest for a contractor, so i got to lap around the paddocks on a big headder for 12 hours straight for 3 days. great fun!!

maltmonkey3

HSC
Hey Mondo...

I'm the only girl in my pi class *theres two of us mind you* and I will be doing workplacement at... wait for it... wait for it....

A FREAKING CEMETERY! :jaw:

Only in the city do I get stuck spending a week at Rookwood :chainsaw:
At least I won't be able to kill anyone :spin:

I worked at the Easter Show last year. That was alright lol.

I kick butt at the theory ( I guess) :headbang:

Gotta love PI at good old Bass... only school with a farm in the district...

:hippie:

arshiyam

HSC
N/A
Some placements are a part of the course. For example, the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care at Futurum Australia provides 120 hours and 240 hours respectively along the course. So I would say it depends on the RTO and the course!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)