Working in a pub (1 Viewer)

HSC
Im trying to find out what sort of pay you can get working in, you guessed it, a pub. Im thinking that it will either be pretty good, coz u have to deal with drunks, work late hours etc, or it will be really shit, because the employer is trying to make the biggest profit possible.

so if anyone has any info, then that wud b great.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Albert i work in a pub in springwood. blue mtns.. the pay is great it.. im on $17.35, monday to friday.. $21.50 on saturday, $25 on saturday and $43 for public holidays, fucking great.. but there is the shit part of it, cleaning up after drunks, tho ive hever had 2 clean up spew.... u do get some ppl who think they r king shit and will tell u how 2 do ur job, but i love it.. its a great envrionment... most of my mates r up the pub when i work, so least i can talk 2 them, and of course get paid for it and have a good time without getting drunk

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Also, if you pick up at work, your girlfriend behind the bar will give you free drinks!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Don't work in too classy establishment because the clientele don't get SMASHED and tip way over what they normally would... or work in a really classy establishment because the clientele are rich and tip big... meh... i lost my point.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
another question is...
how do u apply for rsa? and how long is it etc? and after it wat do u do to get the job/

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
they have ads in the paper for getting your rsa and rcg. well, they do in the paper i read.
some are a few hour courses, some are a few days, depends on the copmpany who organises/runs it.
you can also get your rsa and rcg at some tafes.
and you have to be 18 to go for it.
but after you get your rsa/rcg you add it to you resume, and you will have certificates to put in your resume and i assume it will be easier to more jobs in the hospitality buiseness, as heaps of places like employees to have their rsa/rcg certificates.
i plan to get my rsa and rcg after my birthday. just for the knowledge, experiance, and so i can apply for more jobs.

gaeko

jang said:
another question is...
how do u apply for rsa? and how long is it etc? and after it wat do u do to get the job/
RSA isnt that a company that takes care of animals?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
You dont need to be 18 to do your RSA/RCG but you do need to be 18 or over to do anything with it.

I've got my RSA, RCG and did a bar course (which was awsome) and that cost me $209 all together. TAFE does it, but it costs more. Look in the paper and make sure they're LAB (liquor admin board) and VETAB (vocational education and training admin board) approved, or else they're useless.

You can go pubs, clubs.. anywhere, it's good to have.

I'm moving to Bathurst, so I figured I do something to improvemy employment prospects. Hoping for Panthers or the RSL ;) or one of the pubs that isn't too rough :p

Good luck!

choc-chip

HSC
dave_119 said:
Albert i work in a pub in springwood. blue mtns.. the pay is great it.. im on $17.35, monday to friday.. $21.50 on saturday, $25 on saturday and $43 for public holidays, fucking great.. but there is the shit part of it, cleaning up after drunks, tho ive hever had 2 clean up spew.... u do get some ppl who think they r king shit and will tell u how 2 do ur job, but i love it.. its a great envrionment... most of my mates r up the pub when i work, so least i can talk 2 them, and of course get paid for it and have a good time without getting drunk
this sounds mad omg! but guessing my parents would never let me work in there.

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
once you get your RSA and RCG it might be hard at first to get a job because a lot of places only want you if you are experienced. so, offer to do a shift or two at a bar/pub/club for free to stick on your resume to say that you are experienced, because then you are more employable. also, the place where you volunteer at might want to take you on, so that could lead to work there.

sorry everyone just realised i'm talking shit again..

dave_119

Banned
HSC
yeah u r talkin shit... i walked straight into the pub said i poured one beer in my life, didnt kno how 2 mix cocktails and got the job.... u learn everything as you go

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
rsa/rcg is easy to get, but it can be hard to find work cos tonnes of people get them and are all looking for work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)