Worst Case Scenario In HSC Exams (1 Viewer)

A l

HSC
N/A
I've been sorry to hear that some students, including potential top performers, have had worst case scenarios during their HSC exams. This includes pen(s) running out of ink, calculator(s) out of batteries, exam room clock "froze time", etc.

Since many see the HSC as the ultimate decider of a career or a life, such bad luck would be enough to cause suicide for some (I've heard of close calls of this in the past). Even though there is an option of repeating the HSC course, who would want to endure another year of HSC stresses and exams?

Has anyone had a situation or heard of a situation of such extreme misfortunes?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf? if people think the HSC is the ultimate decider of their career (unlikely u'll only have 1 career these days) and their LIFE I don't think they deserve a good hsc, they're idiots.

a girl at our school had a nervous breakdown cuz she forgot an exam worth 5% for english :rolleyes:

A l

HSC
N/A
You'll be amazed at how many people take the HSC very seriously, even to that extreme.

monique66

haha...a girl at a school had a mental breakdown during one of our english exams after she wrote 7 pages and the rest of the class had written like 4...but she didn't end up going very well...she was crying hysterically and eveyone was like 'shut up'....oh well...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
A l said:
I've been sorry to hear that some students, including potential top performers, have had worst case scenarios during their HSC exams. This includes pen(s) running out of ink, calculator(s) out of batteries, exam room clock "froze time", etc.
1. Take in more than one pen, in fact, take a whole packet of pens.
2. Take a spare calculator and/or extra batteries.
3. Take a stopwatch

Its not rocket science.

Generally people who are adequately prepared dont freak out. Only people who under prepare then realise they are fucked. Those people suck.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
A l said:
I had a dream the night before the results came out...
i woke up (in my dream) and in the results looked like:

english: XX - hat
maths 3u: XX - water bottle
maths 4u: some number
phys: "
chem: "

n i was shitting myself coz they wouldnt give me a UAI or watever coz i was caught wearing a hat in english and brought a water bottle in for 3u maths and i was in grief...

GAYIIIIIIII story...

neways ,,, wat about those times when ur in the exam and u got the dirtiest shit tryna poke itself out? Farkkk.. hate that

seedorf

HSC
N/A
damnation said:
haha...a girl at a school had a mental breakdown during one of our english exams after she wrote 7 pages and the rest of the class had written like 4...but she didn't end up going very well...she was crying hysterically and eveyone was like 'shut up'....oh well...
keke... reminds me of the good ol' days.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
My worst scenario:

my best subject is chem but I ened up getting 87 for chem..I was like 'Crap ...oh well'.....my sis asks me to download the Chem HSC paper for her to practice and I find out that there were two pages I didn't see worth about 11 marks =S ...I had a sobbing spree...

04er

HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
My worst scenario:

my best subject is chem but I ened up getting 87 for chem..I was like 'Crap ...oh well'.....my sis asks me to download the Chem HSC paper for her to practice and I find out that there were two pages I didn't see worth about 11 marks =S ...I had a sobbing spree...
ouch... :(

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i don't know if this was during the hsc, but someone's fold-up desk fell down.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
My worst scenario:

Ouch. Considering you still managed 87, you must have been very good at chemistry... that really bites.

Scanorama

HSC
A l said:

Since many see the HSC as the ultimate decider of a career or a life, such bad luck would be enough to cause suicide for some (I've heard of close calls of this in the past). Even though there is an option of repeating the HSC course, who would want to endure another year of HSC stresses and exams?

They are all avoidable scenarios:
1. Bring more than 2 pens. I bought 4 pens into the exams, if in the extreme unfortunate event, all 4 screw up, Im sure the exam supervisors are more than happy to let you a pen without penalty, considering you have make enough preparation.

2. I bought 2 calculators in the exam, one is mine, and one from a friend in Year 10. However, in my school, the exam supervisors got a bag full of calculators, if someone forgot to bring one, they let them to use those calculators. As far as I know, no marks were taken away from the exams.

3. In my school, we had 3 clocks and they are all on the same time. If one not working, we can still look up the other 2. I brought my watch in too, and I rarely used the clock.

HSC is not everything and certainly does not spell the end of your career/life if you screw up badly. Many people who didn't even do the HSC are now pretty successful in their life. TAFE is always an alternative path to those who want to go to unviersity or those who want to have specific skills such as IT, engineering, hospitality, tourism etc etc.

For those who have a thought to commit suicide, they should seek professional psychological help immediately. HSC is not and never will big enough to control your life. There is life after the HSC regardless of what you get, and certainly much bigger challeges in the future.

I didnt take the HSC as a big thing, I took it easy, and enjoy my life as usual. Im happy with my result and I got into the course I want to do in university.

Good luck to everyone who will do the HSC this year and the upcoming years :)

Last edited:

0Jade0

HSC
There was a fire drill during last years HSC DAT exam. Not to mention the whole school has to walk past the exam rooms to get out of the school. Stupidness

Last edited:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I was one of those freakily prepared people, into every exam i took,

- 10 blue pens
- 10 black pens
(5 kilometrico, 2 gel with the cusioney thing, and 1 heavier pen of each colour - changing pens regularlarly is a great way to avoid muscle cramps)

into my mathematics and chemistry exam i took in two calculators, one died during maths so I got lucky I had the other.

Three highlighters

Everyone laughed at me for having too many pens etc. But I was the only one to never fret about pens running out!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
u put ur pens on the desk next to your exam paper,
you sit down but the chair feels oddly cold,
you look down at your crouch to see your one eyed monster staring straight back at you..

you are pantsless.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
u put ur pens on the desk next to your exam paper,
you sit down but the chair feels oddly cold,
you look down at your crouch to see your one eyed monster staring straight back at you..

you are pantsless.
AHAHAHAHA

well last year I wrote all my questions in one booklet and I was really scared because there were 10 questions in the maths exam and you were meant to do do them in separate booklets. My teacher assured me it was fine though and I ended up getting 93. :) all good.

S

Shuter

Yes don't be an idiot and be under prepared, into every exam I brought 2 plastic sleeves full of:

tonnes of pens, pencils, pacers highlighters all of varying color and what not, at least 40-50.

3 rulers of varying size

2 calculators

4 erasers

and about anything else I could think of, I mean who really cares, is it really going to kill you to have to lift a few extra grams a few meters, when it could potentially earn you extra HSC marks?

04er

HSC
Argonaut said:
Worst-case scenario: ALL the exam papers for EVERY exam go missing en route to the marking centre. I kid you not, this happened to our school a few years ago. The papers were signed for when they were collected from us and again when they were placed in the truck by multiple witnesses, but when the truck arrived at Homebush, the papers were gone, and so every single student in Year 12 had to be given an estimate for every paper they did. I think our school was also awarded bonus UAI points from all the unis because the students had been hit pretty hard ...
that would have to be the worst one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)