worst...exam...ever (1 Viewer)

CharlieBob

yup... like the comic book guy would say... worst exam ever!!!.... what was thaT??????? my god.. was i the only one to say a few 4 letter expletives as soon as i left the examination area? well i know i wasnt as other ppl in my class did.. but GOD!!!!

Did anyone else think question 17 had nothing at all to do with the SDD Course????????

wtf?...

im gunna have to study for physics now! :( ..... as i think sdd might be the subject not included

AcCeSs-DeNieD

AHahhahah question 17 was actually a pretty funny question =)
sure enough it had nothing to do with SDD for some reason it reminded me of some Dilbery comic I saw so I started laughing at it when I read it
=P

FatAsss

how about "what kind of person cant use a touch screen?" 4 marks

like half our class left after 40 minutes

del

HSC
N/A
person who's visually impaired wouldn't be able to see the touch screen display

only remembered cos we talked bout it in class

Big_Will

HAHA

Originally posted by FatAsss
how about "what kind of person cant use a touch screen?" 4 marks

like half our class left after 40 minutes
Listen fat ass. I'll tell you who cant use a touch screen. A guy who cant SEE!

bloody hell, get over it.

FatAsss

Re: HAHA

Originally posted by Big_Will

Listen fat ass. I'll tell you who cant use a touch screen. A guy who cant SEE!

bloody hell, get over it.
sarcasm :rolleyes:
btw, those two things were not related.

half the class didnt leave because of that question.
they left because it was a joke.

sunny

meh.
HSC
How was it a joke?

They're not going to get marks because its a joke.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I found those algorithms pretty hard too...spent about 30 minutes on the one in question 23, the ticket one. I ended up having about 10 minutes spare at the end.

vertigo

and the 'what's wrong with the algorithm?' question?

I was all... er... everything's wrong?

And some little cretins were outside our window singing "the little mermaid" song and I just wanted to reach outside and punch them in the face

Big_Will

Re: Re: HAHA

Originally posted by FatAsss

sarcasm :rolleyes:
btw, those two things were not related.

half the class didnt leave because of that question.
they left because it was a joke.

"i'm sorry, but the fingers you have used to touch the pad are to fat. To order a dailing wand please mash the keypad with your hand, now."

vertigo

the fuck? You're not serious... they were 6 mark questions, son... I made up some shit... hopefully I get marks for using up the lines... :eek:

sunny

meh.
HSC
I did the evolution of programming languages one...

I wasn't sure how we were supposed to pick up some of the errors with a desk check, half those variables used in the algorithm aren't even initialised, we're just supposed to assume they're there!

the two I used:

1) The comparison on line 29 <> 0 could mean that tickets could have a -ve number and it would keep selling.

2) The program is supposed to check for SystemStatus to off from the supervisor, but the loop doesn't check for it. I'm not sure about this one.

Winsux

excellent sunny, thats exactly what i put, but the problem with the systemstatus is that it doesn't need a deskcheck, so i don't think its right

what was the go with the "three classes of messages"? what did people put for that?

Toshi

G'day Sunny, I have been reading along with you people's messages over the last week, and I agree that the test was far too long, expecting us to process two algorithms in a limited amount of time, Personally I was very disappointed with my performance. Anyway, I was wondering whether I could copare anawer for question 23.
i) I identified line 15 as the error because previously in the else statement the system was turned off. If the system was not running how could the data and time be retrieved? Also, on line 9, I was playing around with the idea of it not having an ELSE statement. I am not sure if it is necessary to have one in an IF-THEN-ELSE but yeah, I said that too.
For part iii) it asked about the three classes. I had absolutely no idea, I think I just crapped on about it being boolean because of the statements ON and OFF. But yeah, I am assuming I was wrong, but maybe I'll get marks for creativitiy!

Also, how long was your algorithm in question 22? Mine went over two pages so I decided to just write not finished. I had more than one sub module, and It was getting dangerously close to the end of the exam, and I hadn't even started section 3.

Anyway, atleast it is over, and I'm guessing for most people who are interested in Computing. I just hope that because everyone found it hard, then it will be scaled higher this year.

blah

I am blah
HSC
ppl who did question 25 like me had to do 3 algorithms!!!!

wtf three algos in 3 hrs!! thats 17 marks already

at least in the other option u could bs for sum marks, with algos u gota spend sum time thinking first

arghh

btw sunny u got 10mins left? u psycho. wot do u think u got? coz i think i remember u got like 92 for trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)