would you do it? (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i had my yr 12 retreat last week and we had the teachers reading out statements and we had to decide whether we strongly agreed, agreed, were neutral, disagreed or strongly disagreed with their statements.

one of them was 'if i found the 'right' person at 18, i would get married'. i've been thinking about it heaps and i think i would, although i'd probably rather wait a while to make sure they're right for me.

what would you do? i'm assuming they mean that you would get married at 18, or else it's a stupid question. post reasons or whatever you like.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
18 is still hormones going wild stage, I'd at least wait till early twenties (tweens) and if the gurl was serious she'd wait to. I mean it's not as tho the love stops just cause u dont get married at 18, it just shows u really dont want to rush things and have taken the time to really ensure the marriage will last. Then again there's always reasons for marriage, sometimes a child together, so yeah really depends on the context. :) Great question tho, wonder what the rest of the BOSers think

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmmmm....same as nick, love sholdnt stop, a coupla yrs for THE right person would be nothing 4 a lifetime of fulfilment with him/her. this is assuming yoiu sumhow knew, if u did, then yeh, i'd rather wait a bit, into the twenties, 18 is a bit young, and hard (finance...wot finance??) so yeh...i'd wanna make sure i kept them 4eva and a day, but not rush

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
married at 18?
GET FUCKED....nah jks. i reckon it is too early as every1 else has said

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
One of my friends is married and shes not even 18 yet. They've been 'dating' for two years though.

HSC
I agree...its an interesting question. My mum got married when she was eighteen,and things worked out for her...but im not sure if i wuld do it. i cant see myself being married so young. If he was the right one, then i would wait and make sure it would last, and since he would be the right one, he would want to wait as well.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
you can only get married once both parties r 18- in some circumstances a judge will allow ppl who are not 18 to get married if they prove certain things to be true about their relationship i think

16 is the age for sexual consent

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Well. They're married. They signed some marriage contract a few months before their actual wedding. Which was cool! My first lebo wedding.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
ummmm ok ...

yehhhhhh, like its a good thing *pfft*

neways...marriage is hard 2 consider at 18...all i wanna do is bludge but have money

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
soha said:
yeah i would
even at 16

i know heaps of ppl married at 18 19 17 16 and even 15

15? isnt that like illegal? i saw that stuff on oprah like last week....soooo wrong

S

Shuter

soha said:
yeah i would
even at 16

i know heaps of ppl married at 18 19 17 16 and even 15
I doubt you even know one person in each of those age groups.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah under australian law its illegal
but they got married islamically
she also fell pregnant at 15
and shes 28 now with 3 kids happily married
wanst forced...or nething

i dont think its wrong
unless u r forced..or like seriously getting married for the wrong reasons
its like having a b/f
my 16 yr old friend moved out with her b/f ...whats the difference..ur married or defacto..no biggy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)