wow no1 does this elective (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
just commenting on this elective, omgggg, only 8 threads :S

HSC
i know! im the only one at my school doing it, and my teacher who's been at our school for YEARS has forgotten all his knowledge on this elective!! must be a great elective

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~fallen angel~ said:
i know! im the only one at my school doing it, and my teacher who's been at our school for YEARS has forgotten all his knowledge on this elective!! must be a great elective
I looked at the content of this elective and I wonder how Biology/PDHPE students can handle this.

I want to be a chem/phys man.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
f3nr15 said:
I looked at the content of this elective and I wonder how Biology/PDHPE students can handle this.
I want to be a chem/phys man.
Hahah, they're laughing about doing it (eg pwnage!!). ;)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Hahah, they're laughing about doing it (eg pwnage!!). ;)
Well OK good for them.
I wanted to be an Industral Chemist, but teacher says too hard.
We were able to forsee the fun potential in Forensic Chemistry but our lack of resources prevent this course from running properly (same story with Medical Physics in Physics)
Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservations is the way to go for us, not too difficult (same reason with Astrophysics in Physics)

All of my teachers avoided more difficult electives.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
f3nr15 said:
Well OK good for them.
I wanted to be an Industral Chemist, but teacher says too hard.
We were able to forsee the fun potential in Forensic Chemistry but our lack of resources prevent this course from running properly (same story with Medical Physics in Physics)
Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservations is the way to go for us, not too difficult (same reason with Astrophysics in Physics)

All of my teachers avoided more difficult electives.
Yeah, biochem does seem to lack resouces. The only textbook that covers it (that I know of :shy:) is Excel. :eek:
I really want to do it though, but I know I'll get my butt kicked by the biologists and PE. :eek:

Lolz, my physics teacher will only conver one option (- that one option and no other) and *sigh* it's not the one I'm doing.

HSC
Are you doing biochem? I have the chemistry contexts text book of it on cd and the excel version, also, hsc.csu.edu.au is a GREAT resource to use. Also, pe and bio texts books help cause its very similar stuff (i do pe and bio i didnt randomly go look in text books)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~fallen angel~ said:
Are you doing biochem? I have the chemistry contexts text book of it on cd and the excel version, also, hsc.csu.edu.au is a GREAT resource to use. Also, pe and bio texts books help cause its very similar stuff (i do pe and bio i didnt randomly go look in text books)
No I don't do biochem (I personally don't wanna), I do Shipwrecks.

And let me know how beneficial biochem is when you are studying it.

HSC
f3nr15 said:
No I don't do biochem (I personally don't wanna), I do Shipwrecks.

And let me know how beneficial biochem is when you are studying it.
What do you mean by benefical?
I've actually already started dpong Biochem now, my class is behind a bit so I'm doing it on the side. It's quite interesting. It's really realated to Bio and PE got lots of stuff of energy (ATP) and that.
Did you say you wanted to do the Industrial Chemistry topic but didnt have resources? My teacher has the complete opposite view to yours. He says the only option worth doing is Industrial Chemistry, but no real opion of Shipwrecks cause we aren't near an ocean or something like that. And, it looks really simple. If you want to do it I would suggest doing what I'm doing and teach it to yourself its all on sulfuric acid and that anyway.
Anyway, is there any chance you know someone thats doing biochem? I'd really like to talk to someone about it that knows whats going on in it.

CappZ

HSC
hey

hey jw what subjects did you do in yr 12..maybe you could help me with mine..you were helpful with some other posts for Gwen Harwood..omg im gonna fail that lol
but maybe do better in some others...:)

btw sorry..your mailbox thingy was full lol
wb to my inbox?
thanks

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ah this is starting to get interesting with the HSC.

I'm not sure if your teacher recommends 2nd year University standard Biochemistry for your Chem Elective, but Biochemistry by Stryer is quite a fabulous book! Though, it may cover more content than you really need, but do use it if you're finding issues with understanding Biochemistry.

Out of curiousity, do you guys need to memorise the Glycolysis, Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (TCA), and all that stuff? Or is it just what proteins are made of etc.

No doubts though, Biochemistry is an extremely interesting course. There's not too much chemistry in it, rather its all processses of what happens to the food you eat, and how it gets broken down in your body - at a cellular level via Enzymes.

If you're not doing Biochemistry, you're not missing out that much! :) Shipwrecks was equally as good, in fact sometimes its better to do a HSC elective that's been running for years and years, this way, the teachers are much more familiar with the content, and you won't get those suprise questions out in the HSC exam. But hey who knows! :wave:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
He's assuming biochemistry is useless which indicates to me that his mother was useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)