X-mas Work At Grace Bros (1 Viewer)

Lee

in todays paper (sat 10 Aug)
there was an add in teh careers section for december workers at grace bros. check it out. easy to get jobs adn don't have to last long:) - good easy money, don't need much, if any experience

they have various sign up dates throughout august in different storyes

AcCeSs-DeNieD

hmmmm... the "My Career" section in the SMH....
last time I saw that was when I spilt something on the floor and I used that section to cover it up before I mopped afterwards.....

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Yeh. pretty good. I got me form ... bloody great Christmas this one coming :)

Ac

This work at Grace Bros sounds good.... however I don't have any previous experience.... do you reckon they would let me in?

Help! I desperately need work over Christmas hols!

Sarah J

HSC
luckily the day i have to apply is a day I have double free.

Does anyone know what they mean by a test?

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I have heard, from a rather unreliable source, that they are looking primarily for uni-students. Has anyone heard anything of the same? Any truth behend this?

Im still going ahyhow :) I miss sport ;)

Ac

ghostrider

gracies

;)I went today at macquarie.

the whole thing is a bit of a wank. They have consultants in to do the whole recruting thing. Basically you rock up and you fill out a structured resume sort of thing (nb. make sure you have two different references...that are not personal...unlike mine. They ask you who exactely your references are.)
Then basically the 'test' is this quasi Church of Scientology personality (word assocaition) test that basically asks you to rank all this adjectives either A. B .C or D. You have to say which of the adjective best apply to you, and which one you like the most (two seperate sections.) Then if you have a 'compataible' personality you come in for a group interview to test your interpersonal communication skills. Yeah so basically the whole things preety lame.... Damn human resources.

Does anyone know the rate of pay at Grace Bros. Is it decent?

ghostrider

ah...... more or less yes.

i mean the whole thing is a joke. All these tossers devising word assocaition tests that somehow, mysteriously, gauage your ability to use a friggin cash register.....
its the same everywhere. if u wanna get employed anywhere is a big company basically u have to go through that kinda of shit. its a joke.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Ok, that was a serious joke. As soon as I said I had no w/e ... you could see it in the lady's eyes ... she just packed up shop; basically said: "As if dickhead"

Waste of time ...

Ac

ghostrider

yeah well i just got my letter of barrage. oh well shit happenswho advertised it as easy to get ...damn u.

i did not fit their wannker 'criteria'

i guess ill never work in a myers organisation again

Sari

thats crazy . . . i went into the city and i didnt have to do any test, i dont know if i missed it all completely or if it was different, but she seriously took my resume, talked to me about the job itself and that was it. it took about five minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)