y10 subject selection (1 Viewer)

ceramictoilet

HSC
hi i'm a year 10 student this year and because i'll be picking my subjects for the senior school soon, i wanted to ask current/ex students their thoughts and experiences with the subjects i'm considering. at the moment i'm sure i want to do math extension 1, english advanced, latin continuers, biology and chemistry. i'm unsure between italian beginners and economics because i'll eventually drop it in year 12 and am only doing them to fill in the extra units.

will the workload be heavy with this combination of subjects? and if i'm doing well in latin will it be easier for me to take on italian?

thank youu

RossoneriAU

HSC
hi i'm a year 10 student this year and because i'll be picking my subjects for the senior school soon, i wanted to ask current/ex students their thoughts and experiences with the subjects i'm considering. at the moment i'm sure i want to do math extension 1, english advanced, latin continuers, biology and chemistry. i'm unsure between italian beginners and economics because i'll eventually drop it in year 12 and am only doing them to fill in the extra units.

will the workload be heavy with this combination of subjects? and if i'm doing well in latin will it be easier for me to take on italian?

thank youu
Latin would 100% help you with Italian as Italian is actually based off Latin. To be honest, I would recommend keeping Italian Beginners as, based off what my mate had told me, it is relatively easy to get good marks. I did Italian continuers which was definitely a bit of a challenge, but I felt it was worthwhile cause it wasn't too content-heavy, and allowed me to focus on my other subjects whilst just doing a bit of practice every week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)