N/A
I'm thinking of taking the following subjects for Year 11 next year:

- 3U English
- 2U/3U Maths
- Economics
- Biology
- Chemistry
- French

Would this be a feasible combination? To be honest, I'm not that keen on taking chemistry, but I've heard that it opens a lot of opportunities after high school and I'm not sure what I want to study at university yet so I want to keep my options open.

I have been studying overseas and will be skipping half a year because of different term start/end dates (northern vs southern hemisphere), but the school I'm currently at follows a fairly rigorous international curriculum. I'm just not sure if 3U English and 3U Maths would be a good idea especially since I'm considering taking 2 science subjects as well.

If you have taken or are currently taking any of these subjects I'd love to hear about your experience and whether you liked or disliked the subject(s) :) Thanks!

Velocifire

Out of Order
HSC
Okay. Firstly you seem capable due to just being an international student alone. Like honestly kids in like say India learn trigonometry when people here learn to tie their shoelaces. So I’m sure you will do well in everything despite the half-a year setback.

From experience, Chemistry isn’t that at all bad at all in terms of content and how u are taught, it’s safe to say however I prefer it over Physics and Bio (free plug to my chemistry and physics notes to have a grasp of content) I remember agreeing that Chem was the true science over another student asking “Bio or Extension English” where People asked about a subject run-down.

3u English and 3u Maths sets u up nicely as u can always drop down later if you find either or too hard... tho some people keep and do extension english and mathematics in year 12, and will improve your skills in the advanced courses too. Apparently tho, ppl get better marks in Extension English and some do better In 3u Maths compared to the Advanced side of things so with that in account, just partake in both of them. Not doing 3u Maths can limit you in certain courses at Unive

French seems Good, ask a friend @B1andB2 for an opinion about French (are u doing beginners or continuers) coz she loves the course herself.

Eco is good - @quickoats and @hs17 save me here I have no verdict.

vinlatte

HSC
Eco is good
Eco is an interesting subject and it's very relevant to the current pandemic situation. Even with just the prelims course, you can be a well informed citizen about economic news.
Though it is very content heavy since it's a social science, and it's almost like a university level subject.

beetree1

HSC
A lot of my friends are doing 3 english 3 maths and i think they're doing well - there is a good balance between math and english work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)