Yeah Baby! (1 Viewer)

SkAnDi

HSC
No more god damn english!

*cheers*

How'd you all go?

I was reallly happy with my donne.

Transformation.. hrm the compare i didn't really do that much.

The powerplay quesiton, for rep and meaning, i have no bloody idea what they were asking.

I just said something along the lines of "it is through the way that powerplay are portrayed through different texts that composers are able to influence societies."

But overall, i'm rather pleased!

Beacuse, hey, at least english is over!

tweakin

thank god its over...
Donne was great...aced it.
Though once again i ran out of time and only got to do 2 themes/values for hamlet/RAGAD and only 2 episodes and related material for frontline! so i fuck that up badly...

Dario

HSC
I really liked how the questions were very general. It was really useful because I had in my mind what I wanted to write and what points I was going to cover.

In The Wild : Mirrored the elective statement very closely and allowed my to quote the elective statement often. Did this section last and didn't get it finished. Wrote : 4 pages

Poetry : The conversation allowed the structure of the response to be somewhat loose. I didn't read past the question to see that you needed to discuss 'The Sunne Rising', but it was one of the 4 poems I was going to always use. Who was your conversation between ? I had Dryden and T.S. Eliot. Wrote : 6.5 pages

Powerplay : Very general and allowed tailoring of the question for what I had mentallly prepared. Allowed me to quote from the elective statement and base my essay around it. Wrote : 6 pages

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
No more English WOOHOO!! :D:D

I thought the Brave New World/Blade Runner essay was good, and the Frontline one was not too bad either.

I hated that damn King Lear dialogue !!! It almost became an argument between the 2 people !! If there really were 2 people talking together about King Lear, I doubt it would be like what I wrote!

P.S. For you guys that do Extension English, well I feel sorry for you because you can't share the delight of not having to do the HSC English course ever again

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yes well, I do extension english, and yes, we still have an exam.

but extension's just so much more interesting and so much EASIER than Advanced, it'll be fine.

so...happy. :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by wogboy
No more English WOOHOO!! :D:D

I thought the Brave New World/Blade Runner essay was good, and the Frontline one was not too bad either.

I hated that damn King Lear dialogue !!! It almost became an argument between the 2 people !! If there really were 2 people talking together about King Lear, I doubt it would be like what I wrote!

P.S. For you guys that do Extension English, well I feel sorry for you because you can't share the delight of not having to do the HSC English course ever again
DAMN ...

STUPID 3U ...

FORGOT ABOUT THAT ...

DAMN ...

3U ENGLISH :chainsaw:

roo

HSC
not too bad i spose, it was too broad, didnt know what to write about grr! i was just rambling on in BR/BNW, i did Lear first and then frontline.

i didnt understand the "values" bit in BR/BNW tho.. just rambled about issues and themes.. ;)

one step closer to freedom! :D

banx006

The exam wasn't too bad :rolleyes:

BR/BNW: I thought I might have stuffed this one up cos the values bit threw me, but on second thoughts think I did well with the question

KL: Was dreading the thought of anything other than an essay, but since interviews and conversations are my next best thing, i was pretty happy with that

TJG: Well, since no one else is doing Justice Game I figure my essay will be the only one to mark!! Nah, the openness of the question let me just change a few things around from past essays and things. Essentially it's just about techniques by which the composer represents things, chincho!!

Wrote about 17 pages: 5, 6, 6

Who knows...so long as it does the job!!! I've never picking up another book again!!!

bex

HSC
BNW/BR- Damn im glad thats over!!! I wrote 9 pages, and i think i said everything i wanted to.. not sure how well it tied into the question though!!

KING LEAR- Surprisingly the dialogue wasnt too bad.. I actually understood what i was writing!! 11 solid ' im happy with that' pages

FRONTLINE- ahh... well i left myself about 20mins to do this question and i really cant remember what i did! I think that i tried to answer that personality/event/ situation thing ALOT and got sidetracked... OH WELL!!!

ITS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least until 3U but its way easier than 2u i reckon....

jenster

so so sooooo relieved english is over, and guess what! it's over forever! no more damn quotes to learn (except for the history exam...ah well)

ah today's exam, yes, i forgot why i came here.

umm the exam... again i thought it was pretty straightforward but i ran out of time majorly.
i spent too long on transformations because i was most comfortable with it, then on to critical study of text and the damn conversation, but i suppose it was ok... then only left about 15 mins for frontline. i don't mind though because it's over and i will never have to worry about it again.i can't change the past and if i had to do the exam again i probably would have done it the same. i just had too much to write and not enough time. business tomorrow is going to be the complete opposite... i won't have enough to write!

anyone who is done for the this week, enjoy your time off. for anyone like me who still has another 3 exams in this week alone good luck, and try not to go insane like i think i have.

Arch-man

I hate it how they try to fit a 3 hours exam in a 2 hour time space:mad:

Ah well, so I ran out of time on the last section, what are you gonna do about it?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by jenster

anyone who is done for the this week, enjoy your time off. for anyone like me who still has another 3 exams in this week alone good luck, and try not to go insane like i think i have.
Good luck... :eek: I can feel the pain already sitting here reading it... I won't ask how many you'll have in total this week... so... just... good luck!
:eek: I really like this smilie...
and this one too...

Neway:
5,6,6, I think... but it could be 5 each... my characters didn't argue in the conversation... they're very open...
I cut out quite a lot of the body to make it fit, but I id say what was needed... I think...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Wintermute
fark... i've still got the extension exam to do :(
lol, now I know why I dropped extension :)
although extension exams arn't that bad. good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)