Year 11 exams (1 Viewer)

lepton

Are they hard? The exams are coming up in the next 3 weeks.

Do you have any tips in preparing for the exam?

What do you think is a good mark?

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i think theyre just like any exams, except they cover more of the year's work. im basically preparing like i would for any other exam

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Please start revising NOW! it is never too early to start preparing notes.

If you make notes now, then you will not be stressing during the exam period, and all you will have to do is read over your notes and do past papers.

In the next few weeks, your teachers SHOULD be giving you past papers, revision sheets etc. DO THEM! it will help enormously.

Don't do all nighters - they DO NOT WORK! work to 12 at the latest, and get a good nights sleep. This is the best thing you can do. You won't remember ANYTHING if you do an all nighter and you do not sleep.

kev

what happens if i fail one of my prelim test
will i still be able to do yr12

Giant Lobster

HSC
i think if u know wat "lepton" means u shud be aiight for the sciences :p

haha m i the only one who dun take yr 11 exams srsly? i mean cmon they dont count to anything
ffs i rather they didnt have it so i can continue wif my prep for yr 12 stuff that actually counts to somefin.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
my careers adviser says u have to repeat a subject if u fail / teacher doesn't think u made a serious attempt in it...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
i think if u know wat "lepton" means u shud be aiight for the sciences :p

haha m i the only one who dun take yr 11 exams srsly? i mean cmon they dont count to anything
ffs i rather they didnt have it so i can continue wif my prep for yr 12 stuff that actually counts to somefin.
erm if you dont do well this year, you wont be able to continue those subjects in year 12

and whats wrong with wanting to do good? Its just stupid to assume that school/year 11 is just a bludge and only year 12 counts.

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeh im not talkin about not attempting srsly
ill be srs when im actually in the hall wif the paper in front of me duh! but just sayin no point putting study into these exams since they dont count to anything

i.e. u do the exam and u pass. if u study + do the exam u got a shot at 99%++ but then wats the point.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmm so if u fail ur exam? u haftfa repeat.. no damn way ahahaha
but i'm sure if you read over ur stuff you wont fail... i guess the only way u can fail is that if you dont turn up to class at all.. :|

Giant Lobster

HSC
exactly... with the system today, u basically need to try to fail to fail (did that sound right?) heh.

JuLiAaHHH

im pretty sure you dont hav to repeat.. we had this seminar the other nite and it was explained to us that we just have to fulfil the course outcomes, no matter how low your marks. We were told there is no pass mark but only completing the course and not completing the course. not completing the course is like not handing in assignments or not turning up to a sig. amount of exams. so long as you do all your work u cant fail

Giant Lobster

HSC
well if u look at it like that....

anyways, im srsly questioning whether i shud attend my ipt exam at all
cos i did all the assignments and the half yearlies and all got around top 10 in all of em so even if i get 0 i still wudve got above average overall. not that i care, since its dropped neways... thats it, im gonna do it real half arsed / write haikus all over it like i do wif my other exams, but to a greater extent etc :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
when i chose to drop mod hist, i just left the exam paper blank

Giant Lobster

HSC
haha so u srsly dont get busted at all for doing that?
i.e. they fail u immediately on the basis of u not taking it srsly, so if it were me, technically i havent completed prelim. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)