Year 11 marks for early entry? (1 Viewer)

quickoats

HSC
okay so does that mean where are not meant to upload our yr 11 report when applying for early entry?
If the uni requested it, that's perfectly fine.
However, the SRS system (these are automatic offers somewhere in november?) uses your yr 11 NESA report.
Other early entry schemes which are run by the uni themselves (like macquarie leaders/achievers) may request your school report.

specificagent1

HSC
However, the SRS system (these are automatic offers somewhere in november?) uses your yr 11 NESA report.
Other early entry schemes which are run by the uni themselves (like macquarie leaders/achievers) may request your school report.
you need to apply for this

Hiheyhello

HSC
shit YES
does it have to be straight As to have a chance for SRS

windebygirl

HSC
So the universities get access to our year 11 marks. Do they see the specific percentage you got for each subject or just the grade you got? ie, A B C D E. This is because when you log onto students online for your own year 11 marks they only give you the grade you got?
they don't just look at your marks, they look at your school's atar history. obviously some schools mark quite harsh internally so that the final hsc marks get moderated and become super high, and unis have to take that into consideration. this will be a blessing for some, and a curse for others. i know someone who is an absolute genius and has already done his math ext 1, ext 2 and physics hsc and got a band 6/e4 for all of them (when he was in year 10!!! the only reason he's waited until now to do his other 4 hsc subjects was because he didn't want to leave his friends lol) - but he didn't get his top ANU early entry preference because his school's atar history brought him down. For me, I was expecting to get around 94 for my selection rank but because my school does well in the actual exams, i got bumped up to a 98.55 (not that i needed it - my course only needs an 85 lol). So keep this in mind! if your school has done well in the past, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. if your school is kinda bad, you're gonna have to be really good if you're trying to get a super high selection rank.

specificagent1

HSC
they don't just look at your marks, they look at your school's atar history. obviously some schools mark quite harsh internally so that the final hsc marks get moderated and become super high, and unis have to take that into consideration. this will be a blessing for some, and a curse for others. i know someone who is an absolute genius and has already done his math ext 1, ext 2 and physics hsc and got a band 6/e4 for all of them (when he was in year 10!!! the only reason he's waited until now to do his other 4 hsc subjects was because he didn't want to leave his friends lol) - but he didn't get his top ANU early entry preference because his school's atar history brought him down. For me, I was expecting to get around 94 for my selection rank but because my school does well in the actual exams, i got bumped up to a 98.55 (not that i needed it - my course only needs an 85 lol). So keep this in mind! if your school has done well in the past, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. if your school is kinda bad, you're gonna have to be really good if you're trying to get a super high selection rank.
HSC 2021 it says?

quickoats

HSC
ANU is a written early application and has different mechanisms. SRS is different.

chaevely_park

HSC
ANU gives you an ATAR prediction for their early entry.
Hey! Do you know if this ATAR estimate (they call this their ANU Selection Rank) is accurate? Mine was based on my Year 11 results, and I was expecting a low SR but they gave me quite a high one, so I'm confused as to how they calculate it. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)