YEAR 11 MATH help:( (1 Viewer)

Qeru

HSC
aight got it:) thanks so much, bro. I mean I'm putting in the effort but i honestly think my teacher doesn't know how to teach. He's one of the cool, laid-back teachers every student dreams of in high school but when it actually comes to lessons, he can't teach for shit. That's why I'm also attending tutoring lessons, would you suggest one-to-one tuition so I can actually have that personal interaction instead of in groups 5-6? I might be able to properly understand all the concepts if I do. I'm not sure.
1 on 1 seems like what you need.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
No maths tutoring. Idk lol.

@Drongoski knows more about this although he may be slightly biased in favour of one on one.
Sir, it's not that I favour one on one. It's because I'm a man of very limited abilities. So I can teach only one student at a time. Those tutors with far greater abilities can teach 5 to 15 at a time, in the coaching centres. In the universities, the teachers are even more capable; they often teach a class of over 350!

mango73

HSC
1 on 1 seems like what you need.
yeah i think so as well. The thing is I've heard an average on-one tutor charges $70/hour. Compared to my current tutoring which charges $50/hour. Its gonna burn a hole in my parent's pocket. But oh well, if it's best for my hsc and if I can actually learn, i might as well. I'll think about it tho. Thanks for the advice man:)

Qeru

HSC
yeah i think so as well. The thing is I've heard an average on-one tutor charges $70/hour. Compared to my current tutoring which charges $50/hour. Its gonna burn a hole in my parent's pocket. But oh well, if it's best for my hsc and if I can actually learn, i might as well. I'll think about it tho. Thanks for the advice man:)
Theres tons of tutors on this forum who charge less than 50 check them out. Also the ppl who charge 70 are a) super overpriced b) Recent state ranker graduates who probably have little experience or people trying to make money (and have no passion for students). There are the odd experienced teachers but even so you can probably find someone equally as experienced who charges less.

idkkdi

HSC
Theres tons of tutors on this forum who charge less than 50 check them out. Also the ppl who charge 70 are a) super overpriced b) Recent state ranker graduates who probably have little experience or people trying to make money (and have no passion for students). There are the odd experienced teachers but even so you can probably find someone equally as experienced who charges less.
@Drongoski charges more than 70 probs.

Qeru

HSC
@Drongoski charges more than 70 probs.
He is the expection then lol, but my point still stands no matter how good Drogonski is (which Im assuming he is really good looking at his posts/history) you can still get someone for cheaper who can get the job done. I also understand why Drogonski charges so much and his lessons are most likely worth it, but not all of us want to spend $2800/year.

idkkdi

HSC
He is the expection then lol, but my point still stands no matter how good Drogonski is (which Im assuming he is really good looking at his posts/history) you can still get someone for cheaper who can get the job done. I also understand why Drogonski charges so much and his lessons are most likely worth it, but not all of us want to spend $2800/year.
seems like @Qeru goes 1 hour a week private compared to the amount of hours at a tutoring company. This may be of some importance when relating to finances @mango73.

Etho_x

HSC
How do you achieve good marks in year 11 math?

I know it's a very vague question so I wouldn't mind a vague response. But any help/tips are appreciated:)

So, I want to know if PRACTICE is the only method in conquering math and what can I do additionally to boost myself ahead of my peers to maximize my results.
For info, I go to a school ranked in the 20s - fully selective, and I'm currently doing ext.1 math - I also attend math tutoring for adv & ext. So there's a lot of competition and the stress is really starting to build on me especially for this subject as I feel like I'm falling behind. Understanding the concepts and even the fundamentals are mentally exhausting me. It has only been 3 weeks since Year 11 has started and I feel so demotivated for this subject in particular.

I HAVE ONLY STARTED YEAR 11, AM I STRESSING TOO MUCH OR WHAT???? PLS HELP>
You are stressing excessively way too much... take a chill pill, it’s Year 11 everything will be OK. Won’t go into too much detail since I’ve answered similar questions on different posts so if you scroll through my posts you may be able to find something :)

mango73

HSC
You are stressing excessively way too much... take a chill pill, it’s Year 11 everything will be OK. Won’t go into too much detail since I’ve answered similar questions on different posts so if you scroll through my posts you may be able to find something :)
k thanks bud. lots of people have told me that. Yeah, I guess I need to chill a bit. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)