Year 11 Subjects (1 Viewer)

sluGzxxX

HSC
I'm thinking of doing Maths Ext, Eng Adv, Mod His, Eco, Physics, Chemistry next year.
Has anyone done these subjects?
If you have, could you tell me about the workload, and if you like it or not.
Thanks so much.

carrotsss

HSC
I'm enjoying Maths ext, physics and chem so far (year 11), if you like maths/sciences then they're pretty enjoyable. Year 11 workload is manageable just make sure you're consistently studying throughout the year, there's nothing more painful than trying to cram 30 chapters of science and 17 chapters of maths just before your prelims because you didn't study throughout the year.

English advanced is also definitely a good call, I started the year with standard and just by virtue of being surrounded by people who weren't trying I found myself putting in less effort, thankfully I moved up.

Also, if you find yourself not enjoying a subject in the first few weeks, consider changing it asap as your school may not let you drop it until year 12 if you don't change it for another subject within a few weeks. I personally regret not doing this with business studies; I put off emailing my year coordinator for too long and ended up stuck with it until year 12.

Good luck with year 11! :)

sluGzxxX

HSC
I'm enjoying Maths ext, physics and chem so far (year 11), if you like maths/sciences then they're pretty enjoyable. Year 11 workload is manageable just make sure you're consistently studying throughout the year, there's nothing more painful than trying to cram 30 chapters of science and 17 chapters of maths just before your prelims because you didn't study throughout the year.

English advanced is also definitely a good call, I started the year with standard and just by virtue of being surrounded by people who weren't trying I found myself putting in less effort, thankfully I moved up.

Also, if you find yourself not enjoying a subject in the first few weeks, consider changing it asap as your school may not let you drop it until year 12 if you don't change it for another subject within a few weeks. I personally regret not doing this with business studies; I put off emailing my year coordinator for too long and ended up stuck with it until year 12.

Good luck with year 11! :)
Thanks
I'm not the greatest at essays, but should I be able to handle English advanced?

carrotsss

HSC
I'm not the greatest at essays, but should I be able to handle English advanced?
You'll be fine, you'll just have to develop your essay writing skills throughout year 11/12. Also, you have to write essays for standard too anyways so it's unavoidable.

HSC
There are some crossovers with maths ext and physics which is pretty good. chem is also one of my favourite subjects but you gotta stay on top of revising cuz theres a bit of content. english adv definitely is not a lot of work id prolly go to the stretch and say same with maths ext - its just about practicing a ton. chem is definitely the most content dense subject and physics is pre much maths with a bit more theory. i cant say anything really about eco and modern but i originally was gunna do eco but after going thru the textbook in yr 10 it was very different to what i expected. its always good to get your hands on some of the textbooks and have a flip through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)