Year 12 Subject Selection??? (1 Viewer)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Hey,

so right now im in year 11. Below are my subjects im currently doing and approximately where i rank (but not sure, because we dont get ranks in yr 11 at my school),

3u maths - 50-60/150???
Adv English - 30~/160???
Ext English - 10~/80???
German - 1/6 :D
SDD - 1/4
Phys - 15~/60??

and i did IPT last year with a result of 95

so as you might already know, i want to move to germany and study film there huehuehue so i dont really need an atar, but i want to do well to keep it as a backup and also to get more out of my highschool years.

Im thinking of doing,

4u english with a film as the major project
3u maths
3u german

i will be able to drop a unit later, because i have the 2 units of ipt up my sleeve.
the thing is, im not sure how i will be able to do in 4u because movies are iffily marked and we dont have many resources for filmmaking. Im scared that the rich private school kids doing movies will be able to hire actors and all that fancy schmacy stuff, which my school (and I) cant afford.

so i guess my question(s) is, would it be too much to take three extensions? Is the film too risky? Just in general, what do you think, are these choices a good idea haha :)

thanks!!

JuliusSeizure

HSC
Hey,

so right now im in year 11. Below are my subjects im currently doing and approximately where i rank (but not sure, because we dont get ranks in yr 11 at my school),

3u maths - 50-60/150???
Adv English - 30~/160???
Ext English - 10~/80???
German - 1/6 :D
SDD - 1/4
Phys - 15~/60??

and i did IPT last year with a result of 95

so as you might already know, i want to move to germany and study film there huehuehue so i dont really need an atar, but i want to do well to keep it as a backup and also to get more out of my highschool years.

Im thinking of doing,

4u english with a film as the major project
3u maths
3u german

i will be able to drop a unit later, because i have the 2 units of ipt up my sleeve.
the thing is, im not sure how i will be able to do in 4u because movies are iffily marked and we dont have many resources for filmmaking. Im scared that the rich private school kids doing movies will be able to hire actors and all that fancy schmacy stuff, which my school (and I) cant afford.

so i guess my question(s) is, would it be too much to take three extensions? Is the film too risky? Just in general, what do you think, are these choices a good idea haha :)

thanks!!
like it will certainly not be an easy task but by looking at your rankings it looks like you're a determined student and like your subjects. If you enjoy film do it as a major project for sure. I reckon you can do it. It will certainly keep your options open, cause you never know you may change your mind throughout the course of next year :)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Kitty kat, you should try them out cause there's really no harm in trying. Worst case, drop them before trials.
Yeh do 4u english if your good at 3u (which sounds like you are), do 3u maths and i'll help you if you get stuck (lol) and not sure about german.
Im sure someone smarter can give better insight...

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You need 4 subjects minimum if you want to be eligible for an ATAR (resourced from UAC booklet)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Kitty kat, you should try them out cause there's really no harm in trying. Worst case, drop them before trials.
Yeh do 4u english if your good at 3u (which sounds like you are), do 3u maths and i'll help you if you get stuck (lol) and not sure about german.
Im sure someone smarter can give better insight...
haha thanks dal, ill be sure to ask you for 3u help :)
im not sure about subject dropping later in the year tho, because my school is very iffy about that, especially not before assesment tasks!

i guess also what is anoyying me is that i will really miss physics :(
i love it, but im not good at exams for it, and i would probably prefer doing 9-10 units without physics that more with it.... maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)