Yeats- How many poems? (1 Viewer)

tlv6554

HSC
Say we get a question and our response has to include an analysis of at least two poems, do you think it is best to do two or three?

I would say that doing three is easier because you would have more to talk about, but what is generally recommended?

If I were to do three I would only do one paragraph on each poem, is this enough?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah one poem per paragraph is enough. It might be easier to do three in terms of structure, but if you do two, you would probably write four paragraphs, so like para 1-poem 1, para 2-poem2, para 3-poem1, para4-poem 2 exploring two main ideas altogether. But you should ask your teacher about what their preferable structure is.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
My teachers recommended 3 and they're HSC markers because I feel like you need 3 to show TEXTUAL INTEGRITY. If you only do 2 it's more like comparing 2 poems side by side, but they selected 7 for a reason so if you do 3 instead it shows that more of his poems work together and have commonalities rather than 2 out of 7. Also it shows more knowledge of his poems because you have an understanding and perspective on 3 poems rather than 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)