yes im stupid (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
so um I have a question

if I want to do pass papers am I still able to do ones that are from the old syllabus??
and are trial paper questions hsc questions that are made from the school??

please dont mind my stupidity

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You can still complete past papers from the old syllabus as they may still include components that are relevant to the current syllabus. However, past exam papers that were written according to the current syllabus should be prioritised as they assess the exact topics/syllabus points that you have been taught in your respective subjects.

Trial HSC papers are exam papers that can be written by either schools or a separate entity (such as CSSA and Independent), from which schools purchase trial papers for their students to sit. Trial HSC papers aim to give students an idea of what the HSC exams may be like, by presenting the papers and the questions assessed in a similar format to that of HSC exams as well as assessing the students' knowledge of the syllabus (depending on the subject) similarly to the HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
so um I have a question

if I want to do pass papers am I still able to do ones that are from the old syllabus??

You can use past papers from old syllabus, however, you need to be able to work out which questions are still relevant and which aren't, which requires a decent knowledge of the content already. Most of the new syllabus subjects have a lot of exam papers available now as it's been 3 years since their introduction. You can find papers on sites like THSC online, so it's not a good idea to start with using those older past papers as your first point of study. You should only go to that if you run out of questions, which isn't likely as there are probably in excess of 30+ papers per subject for new syllabus available now

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
so um I have a question

Personally what I do is find all the relevant questions from old papers and just compile them into one document, when I reach an amount sufficient for a 1-2 hour exam then I just attempt them all. I only do this after I know that every recent past paper out there is completed because it is a hassle, it usually takes me 10-20 mins at most to compile them so it is by no means efficient but if you really need that extra practice then thats the best way I see.

tifi.oo

HSC
so um I have a question

if you want you can use excel success one. it has questions from the old syllabus into topics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)