You Tube - ing short films or video edits (1 Viewer)

JOshy_said

HSC
Both Bored of Studies and You tube offer something that its about time us Film makers, at least for ex2, had: A place to Share.
I know some people have you tubed there short films or edits, but to get a firmer understanding about what others are doing, how they are doing it, or how it turned out, I strongly recomend ex2'ers to youtube their experience. Unless you bothered about people stealing your ideas etc, I think its a wonderful place for feedback, tips, or just general comments.
If your short film is you tubed please post a link or the title here, or just make a comment about someone elses, it makes the standard higher and the game more exciting. Have fun!

ps my film was called 'A Comic Idea', so you can search for that if you want.

J

jhakka

Wow. This is a really cool idea that I never thought of. I suggest that those willing to share go with this. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Very thought-provoking indeed. Does the scene at the end mean that you finally face death? And the Luna Park ferris wheel--is that like a symbolism of time and life, going round and round, but in the end you know you have to die?

cblok

HSC
Uni Grad
My Extension 2 English video (Please note that YOUTUBE has made the video/audio slightly out of sync):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZtBUADACDE

It was made in 2002 with no budget and terrible equipment (even for the time). I'm proud to say that the quality of my more recent works has improved dramatically (I now run a small video production company).

I got 49/50 for the piece. My main theory was if I'm able to make the judges laugh I should do fine. I tried to keep it upbeat and (loosely) base it on personal experience without going down the 'teen angst' path.

Before making this film I made 4 or 5 others for Year 11 English and Drama. Pretty much everyone in my family was used in this film and its become a kind of time capsule of sorts.

Yes that's me as the lead. I wanted it this way mainly as a form of convenience - I didn't have to rely on another person as the main, I could film any time and I knew exactly how I wanted the lines delivered. Then again, it could have just been my huge ego. :)

There's a few little scenes here and there that I wish I changed but all in all I was pretty happy with my film and it usually gets a decent audience response.

Oddly enough I've done a full circle after doing EXE2. After studying film at Sydney and working on countless film shoots I'm now also tutoring Extension English 2 Video students. We do practical workshops on film making in all areas as well as deal with issues that arise throughout the course such as assessments. If you would like to give your film a professional polish and be in charge of directing a skilled crew with professional equipment we can also arrange all of this. If anyone is interested please let me know and together we'll prepare a personalised lesson plan.

Regards,

Christiaan

writers_blok_productions@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)