you tube (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I get this message
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player.

javescript is on. i installed the flash player and restarted the computer and it still doesn't work. any ideas? thanks

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
when i installed a new version of macromedia (i think it was maybe flash though) i had to close down the browser i was using during the installaiton process

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
perhaps restore default internet settings? maybe its blocking something it shouldnt be...

sk1001

HSC
i got the same problem. new comp, flash items will not show.
automatic updates prompt me to download flash all the time, i accept but it continues to prompt the next time i boot.
im having problems downloading from the macromedia site as well....

any ideas?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
IE. doesn't work with firefox either.
it used to work. i don't know what is going on. it installed the new files properly because when i click to install them again the little movie plays, showing they are installed.
i'll leave it for a bit to see if it fixes itself.
thanks

Last edited:

Hamishw

HSC
Uninstall flashplayer and java from control panel. Download and install the latest versions, without any programs running in the background. If nothing works upgrade to IE 7 Beta 3 (click here to download)

Download Links:

Flash Player

Java

Hope this helps

Truly_bored

HSC
I'm having the exact same problems with Youtube. that message always appears...despite having a new computer.

I also have a box popping up saying that it's a 'Syntax error' and that 'SWFObject is undefined'.

Anyone else have any suggestions...I've been pretty pissed, cause I love youtube, and not being able to watch videos from there, ticks me off....

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

sk1001

HSC
i figured it out. theres some bugs with x64 bit explorer.
basically i uninstalled flash
then reinstalled with 32bit explorer.
flash still doesnt work in 64bit ie, but im more than happy to use 32bit explorer

Truly_bored

HSC
sk1001 said:
i figured it out. theres some bugs with x64 bit explorer.
basically i uninstalled flash
then reinstalled with 32bit explorer.
flash still doesnt work in 64bit ie, but im more than happy to use 32bit explorer
Hey, I don't quite understand what you were talking about...so...does that mean I should uninstall flash and install 32bit explorer....how exactly do I do that...and exactly do I check what bit I have for my Internet explorer....

Much help is appreciated.

daza|ex

HSC
Truly_bored said:
Hey, I don't quite understand what you were talking about...so...does that mean I should uninstall flash and install 32bit explorer....how exactly do I do that...and exactly do I check what bit I have for my Internet explorer....

Much help is appreciated.
Quite simply, if you don't know already, then you have the 32 Bit version of Internet Explorer. You can't uninstall Internet Explorer either :)

sk1001

HSC
this is correct, your probably running 32 bit windows, in this case, i have no idea how to solve the problem. sorry!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
lol simple problem complex answers...

ok go to youtube and install flash player in IE then follow the steps. after it is installed. Close the browser and open it again and go to youtube.

if u having java problems go sun site and download the runtime files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)