Your Major Work (1 Viewer)

ROOOTI

IM JUST INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT U GUYS ARE BASING UR MAJOR ARTWORKS ON,, UNO THE WHOLE CONCEPT THINGY,,
, MY ART CLASS , WELL LETS JUST SAY IM THE NEXT PICCASO IN THERE,, GHEESH!!!!! - I DUN KNOW BOUT U GUYS, BUT U NEED PPL THAT STIMULATE U, AND THAT U CAN ACTUALLY DISCUSS UR IDEAD, (OTHER THEN THE TEACHER)
HMMM:p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by ROOOTI
WELL LETS JUST SAY IM THE NEXT PICCASO IN THERE,, GHEESH!!!!! - I DUN KNOW BOUT U GUYS, BUT U NEED PPL THAT STIMULATE U, AND THAT U CAN ACTUALLY DISCUSS UR IDEAD, (OTHER THEN THE TEACHER)
HMMM:p
what do u mean by yo're the next picasso?! that you're a genius painter? :)

im doing like a modern re=contextualisation of the seven deadly sins...or at least thats what it started as. ive sorta lost bits of the concept as i went due to time constraints, but its more or less based on modern versions of the seven deadly sins. im using photography - b/w and digital.

mostly finished now, after trials i just have to photograph and print titles, finish photographing and printing greed and find song lyrics and literary excerpts which are related to the sins...so not TOOOOO much to do... :cool:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by ROOOTI
IM JUST INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT U GUYS ARE BASING UR MAJOR ARTWORKS ON,, UNO THE WHOLE CONCEPT THINGY
dude, turn off caps lock! it's like yr shoutin' in my ear :eek:

but anywayyy: concept revovles around those cards you get on planes that tell you how to survive if the bloody great thing crashes :), and how ridiculous/absurd the whole thing is: how much of this stuff actually happens etc.
mediums are collage/digital prints/installation.

roo

HSC
:eek: thought i might reply at this ridiculous hour.. only 12 hours to my art exam...! yaay..

johnson, your idea is similar to my friend's; she's using photography/digital media too.

i'm just doing the extreme paths of teenage life: suicide and not suicide.. and how teenage life is reflected through city life.. uh yah, kinda 2 different meanings.. sounds confusing now that i think about it.. i did photography/digital media and HAVE FINISHED!! WOO HOO.. well i finished last term. ;)

good luck again..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
did she do seven deadly sins as well?! or just the same mediums part?

what sort of photography did you do? like black and white right?
i am sooo sick of the phog. chemicals, they smell like shit and stain your clothes and give them a permanent horrible vinegary smell. urgh.

can't wait to see your major work ar artexpress! ;)

roo

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
did she do seven deadly sins as well?! or just the same mediums part?

what sort of photography did you do? like black and white right?
i am sooo sick of the phog. chemicals, they smell like shit and stain your clothes and give them a permanent horrible vinegary smell. urgh.

can't wait to see your major work ar artexpress! ;)
riiight whatever! :p

yah she did 7 deadly sins too, a bit differently to urs tho i think.. she had the symbolism of the apple too.

i did digital photography so no fuss with all the chemicals and stuff. ;) i based most of my work on my photos but then decided to add some photos in by themselves.

ROOOTI

hmmm,
well,
the whole mention of picasso, jst was so u guys could picture my class, - jst a bunch of bludgers!!.. "that you're a genius painter"-hey im just getting the grip of holding that thing with the spicky stuff ;p my origional msg had a hint of sarcasm in it... blahhh

My whole concept is based on a poem, by Kenneth slessor called sleep, ive extracted my own meaning of the poem , and kinda played with it. Im doing it about how sleep = escapism, so basically one turns to sleep to get away from the world/problems. When ur in ur mothers womb u feel or safe and warm and this is exactly why we sleep, to return to that place of warmth
Umm, yeah and Im taking it form childs perspective, like Basquat. Im working with paint, wax, and other raw materials. Heaps messy;;; arrgh
ah , joghnson, ur idea is heaps interesting, man, soo many possibilities ;)

HSC
I'm doing a visual representation of one of my favourite albums "Kid A- Radiohead". Basically I articulate the visual images I see in my head, while I listen to the album, in to an artwork. I'm probably going to end up with 10 small pieces each representing a song from the album. Its mostly gonna be landscape type stuff, with lyrics floating around...

I've only just started, and I'm really behind and I can't do anything until the trials finish :(

Aquatic

So, anyone else is doing painting beside me? It seems whole lot of people doing digital art these recent years.

Mine is about... well, personal topic maybe (subjective frame).

I was about to do something related to 'suicide' or 'death' but then I changed my mind, it just really depressing theme, I thought of being positive this year.

Sugardoll

Mines are series of paintings (which i regret doing) basically has something to do with isolation, fantasy world and emotions. Basically I'm doing a portraits of a people going through this. I hate painting after this I never want to paint again.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i got turned off painting last year
no-one in our class is doing painting, which i think is somewhat odd.
but then again we only have 10 people

roo

HSC
:D :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :p :) :eek:

everyone's sounds sooo gooood! anyone been to any school's exhibitions?? i wanna see some!!

ROOOTI

yup yup

YEPS IT WUD BE GR8 TO see other students artworks... i guess we all feed off eachother insome way...

i recon we should though, as for drama, we have this drama night next week, so it wud be a good idea.. uno wat wud be a better idea first,, ---> completing our artworks( for those who havnt done so) .. i havnt,, got heaps more stuff to do..
its really time consumng.. grrrrr

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
rooti: yeh thats what my teacher said...at the start of the year/ she said there was a lot of opportunities and directions it can go in and crap. but i guess i didn't pay attention to her advice and went down the i-have-a-shit-artwork road...urgh.

i agree, you get sooo sick of your bloody medium after the hsc. i HATE photography now. and no one is doing painting in my class either. one is combining paint with a collage and another is using watercolours i think. but no ones doing the trad. canvas and oils. i guess that shows how sick of trad. art we are.

we don't have art exhibitions at our school. it doesn't help that only 8 of us do it so it'd be a shithouse exhibition, but i dont think the school would suport it anyway. i mean, after all, an exhibition wouldn't really contribute to our uai would it now? :rolleyes:

but if anyone's school IS having an exhibition, let us know. im sure my art class would be only too willing to go and rip off your ideas! haha j/k. most of us are on our way to finishing soon anyway. these two weeks after trials and before sept 1st. are gonna be 24/7 just working on major works.

i feel sorry for one of my friends though, she had art major work plus drama individual project (shes doing a vid) and group project (performance) due within a few days of eaech other. how bitchy!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
i feel sorry for one of my friends though, she had art major work plus drama individual project (shes doing a vid) and group project (performance) due within a few days of eaech other. how bitchy!
yes i have a freind in that situation, and 2 others that have an art major wk and a 4u english one too.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh i have that too (english mw) which i am soooo rooted for co si haven't started it yet. i have an idea and concept and my research is just about all finished...i just haven't touched my bloody film script yet... i am not looking forward to the writing of it cos i only have about 2 weeks in which to do it...argh...

roo

HSC
whoa how do people do more than one major work!? i know my friend is doing textiles, 4u english and art and im like uhh.. i had enough trouble trying to finish one thing!

good luck on ur film script johnson! what's it about?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haha yeh thats why most people kinda panic around now, realising how much stuff we have to do!!

my scripts kind of about domestical violence/relationship violence. its fictional but the whole theme is about how society ignores or hides from its 'misfits', and how we subconsciously pretend that these sorts of things (domestic violencE) occur in society.

im using lots of different perspectives to tell the story, i,e a counsellor, parents, teacher, neighbout, classmate etc. and winding it together to reveal the story gradually. only in the end im going to reveal the perspective of the kid who has been abused. and theres also a subplot of this girl as well...can't be bothered explaining it atm i am too buggered...

i have my english modules trial tomorrow and i haven't read emma. i only have one text for telling the truth. i forgot that frontline was supposed to be about telling the truth not satire. i think clueless is a piece of trash which in no way appropriates emma. i know about 20 quotes from king lear but i dont know any of the themes...so yeh im kinda like OH F***!!! at the moment....
argh...i dont wanna chuck another sleepless night aagain.

i only slept for two hours before the art exam cos i panicked and realised i hadn't studied enough, i started studying for maths the night before the exam and got about 5 hours sleep (which wasn't too bad) and now im soooo buggered that even if i want to stay up i dont think i can!

maybe i should also stop writing long messages in these things.

-jian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)