Youth Allowance...figured this would be the best place to post this. (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
So I'm aiming to get that 75% of the Commonwealth Training Award Rate (the $17667) within 18 months of finishing school. I'll most likely earn this magical figure.

But what I'm wondering is 'finishing school', exactly? Is it the last day of term 3 in year 12, or is it the date of your last HSC exam?

I found a little catch when reading the claim info form tonight. You can earn the $17667 within any 18 month period since you've left school (even sooner than 18 months if you can do it), but it has to have at least been 18 months since the 'school leaving date' before you recieve YA.

Hope you can understand my waffle. :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
my guess is when you sign out, which is usually the last day of HSC

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Danoz The Great said:
So I'm aiming to get that 75% of the Commonwealth Training Award Rate (the $17667) within 18 months of finishing school. I'll most likely earn this magical figure.

But what I'm wondering is 'finishing school', exactly? Is it the last day of term 3 in year 12, or is it the date of your last HSC exam?

I found a little catch when reading the claim info form tonight. You can earn the $17667 within any 18 month period since you've left school (even sooner than 18 months if you can do it), but it has to have at least been 18 months since the 'school leaving date' before you recieve YA.

Hope you can understand my waffle. :)
well, i used my certificate of graduation (since we never had to sign out) and that was dated the last day of school, and that seemed to work, but if u sign out on the last HSC day, i think u need to use the later date

shariken

HSC
Well my last day according to them is the 15th of November, so it's when all the exams are finished.

derrida

Old Hack
HSC
hey, its maybe worth giving the respective student org of the uni you are planning on going to a ring.

at sydney university its the glorious SRC http://src.usyd.edu.au they can help you with EVERYTHING on welfare and centre link and its totally independent and free....

make sure you become a member now VSU has past....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Serius said:
my guess is when you sign out, which is usually the last day of HSC
Not every school requires you to sign out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)