Youth Allowance results (1 Viewer)

kimjuliana

HSC
How will centrelink inform me the results of my claim for youth allowance, i.e. rejected or approved?

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
im not sure. but wouldn't they email/call you?

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
or mail to your house

williamdaft

HSC
You will get a mail to your house telling you how much you attain in a fortnightly basis and it tells you the things you need to notify them if there are any changes in relationships, address, employment, family income (obviously low-income families get the most out of YA) etc.

Last edited:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I was rejected by mail. It's usually a standard letter and will have whether or not you got it in the subject line. That is unless your humanservices/centrelink account has the option for email ticked.

kimjuliana

HSC
Okayy.. well today I received a cheque from the RBA (Reserve Bank of Australia) from Centrelink. Does this mean I got youth allowance (I applied for youth allowance about 3 weeks ago) ? Or did I just get lucky and score money from the government for no reason?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Letter in mail should come within one month of when the application went in.

The cheque could be for something else. Also, you don't get cheques from Centrelink. Instead, you get a direct payment (like wages) which you will see in your account pop "out of nowhere" every 14 days.

kimjuliana

HSC
Ok... is there anyway of determining what this cheque is for? ... I hope it isn't fake...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ok... is there anyway of determining what this cheque is for? ... I hope it isn't fake...
Call Centrelink to ask where the cheque came from maybe? (I don't know I have never dealt with a cheque before so probably someone else has a better answer to this).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)