yr 11 chemistry? (1 Viewer)

sango

HSC
does everybody doing chemistry think it's a dodgy subject that people do because of uni requirements or is it only me?

Last edited:

bertyboi

In year 12 physics and chemistry or more related, because in physics the topic of Ideas to implementation you will be talking about Sem -conductors and Super Conductors, Semi = talking about Silicon and Germanium and the quantum numbers which will be easy if u learnt chemistry. Quantum numbers is the shells and basically in semi conductors it involves an energy breach from the valance band to conduction band, i will not go in depth with that, but it would make more sense if you did chemistry. In physics next you you will also be discussing crystal lattice structures in superconductors, a topic which is covered in the first module of Chemistry - Both have pros and cons
However if you are good at math, it might be helpful for chemistry
Good luck on your decision

pcreedy

HSC
N/A
Hey Sango, hang in there dude :cool:
Chemistry is a science, it is structured, logical and straightforward (truly). It aint dodgy I assure you. Although the new syllabus makes it sound more jumbled and a bit more arty-farty than it needs to be :)
Good luck to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)