Yr 12 Subjects (1 Viewer)

Bball1

HSC
Hey, so I recently selected my subjects which included extension maths and english. I have heard the english extension is quite time consuming for a one unit subject and I was wondering if I should keep it for Yr 12? I am being pushed to decide to do extension 2 maths as I am in this accelerated program, and if I begin it, I cannot pull out so I will have to pretty much have to complete 4 unit maths. If I go on this pathway, I don't really want to do extension english as that will be taking up a lot of time and restricting the rest of my subjects which so far I don't think I want to drop, so I will have to drop extension english even though I somewhat english.

I like english and maths about the same so my question is this:

Which is a better combination in yr 12 concerning time consumption and scaling? 4 unit maths and advanced english, or 3 unit maths and english? How much time does extension 2 maths take compared to english extension 1?

I've been getting average marks for this trial period of the accelerated program, averaging around 80% so I'm wondering would I do well in 4 unit maths or should I just stay with 3 unit?

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I would appreciate the advice.

Heresy

HSC
While I don't do English Extension, I am currently doing 4U Maths. For me at least, 4U takes about 50% of my time. However, as you are accelerated (I'm assuming that you're in Year 11 next year) you can pick up 4U and work on the math subjects (3U and 4U) during Year 11 as your Year 11 marks, unless you are trying to go for early entry into uni, don't really matter that much. Then after you finish your accelerated subjects (3U and 4U), you can then focus on English Extension and your other subjects during Year 12 to maximise your ATAR.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
It really depends on your strengths. If you're naturally better at math, then you'll you're reward-to-effort ratio will be higher. The amount of time you'll need to commit to both will depend on your ability and how you find the content. I spent significantly more time trying to do well in 2u Adv english than I did with 4u math, so it depends on each person. If you don't find 4u math that difficult, then you might be able to do 3u english as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)