Zum Teufel mit der Prüfung der Beginners!!! (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Also, wie habt ihr diese beschissende Prüfung gefunden? Question 2 of the writing skills! WHAT THE! The one with the guy from Bremen who loved that he could play golf/sports so easily in Australia. THAT WAS A SHIT QUESTION THAT MADE NO SENSE. It could have been EITHER the option where he said "Es ist toll. Frauen können auch spielen.", or the one where he said "In Deutschland I can't afford it" or something like that. WHAT'S WITH THE EETHER/EYETHERNESS! I shall be discussing/complaining to my teacher tomorrow. (Argh, Erin, der Bum ist leider am Freitag nicht da, ...).

And what's with only 15 texts in Listening, not 20, and having a billion questions worth 4 marks. ARGH. Stress max.

But I liked the writing.

I almost felt like a misadventure, because a riot decided to start at the front of the school, the window of my exam room being AT the front of the school. Glass breaking, teachers and principal going ape. 'Twas fun. What was even funnier the exam supervisors were completely unperturbed. I could have castrated everone that was making noise though. Especially during the listening. Grrr. :mad:.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
chepas said:
Also, wie habt ihr diese beschissende Prüfung gefunden? Question 2 of the writing skills! WHAT THE! The one with the guy from Bremen who loved that he could play golf/sports so easily in Australia. THAT WAS A SHIT QUESTION THAT MADE NO SENSE. It could have been EITHER the option where he said "Es ist toll. Frauen können auch spielen.", or the one where he said "In Deutschland I can't afford it" or something like that. WHAT'S WITH THE EETHER/EYETHERNESS! I shall be discussing/complaining to my teacher tomorrow. (Argh, Erin, der Bum ist leider am Freitag nicht da, ...).

And what's with only 15 texts in Listening, not 20, and having a billion questions worth 4 marks. ARGH. Stress max.

But I liked the writing.
oh no poor u with the riot thing!! man i would have taken them on for you. i mean, not allowing you to hear the sweet music of the guy on the listening tape's voice, total ünmöglich!!!
anywho yeah i agree in that the whole exam was TOTAL LAME. but nevertheless it wasn't too hard luckily, but it had such doof questions (esp that golf one - i went for the hausfrau option but it was so irrelevant!!!!). meiner Meinung nach, the last question was pretty good, i managed to write 2 pages of stuff i knew how to say well. i got freaked out though with the 2nd listening Q, i swear they were speaking in a different language.. Papierkorbe really, who (who went to open high school) would know that? i guessed it was a bin though, (luckily).

hehe soon as i got back home i changed my msn name to Schneeflocke (or was it Sparschwein?) :uhhuh:
man i could go on and on about the stupidity and lameness factor of this paper. i mean it's fair enough it was in german, but they could have at least written it in vaguely intelligent german rather than the shite they rambled on about.
i cant complain tho they put something about a clarinet, in the busking question - that was fun! :D

chepas

HSC
I just loved the Party question in the listening "Mutti und Papa kommen zurück nach Hause. Aber das Haus ist nicht in Ordnung" or something cos of the party, and the bottles everywhere, and the cigarette burn in the carpet! I peed myself when I heard it it was so funny, and you know the slow speaking blablabla voice, it was even funnier then...

Actually, the sadness/lameness factor in the exam entier was pretty good. It was a funny exam, but an annoying, ambiguous one :D.

I filled up the page, and another 4 page writing booklet for the writing! I kept crapping on and crapping on, and couldn't stop cos I just couldn't write myself into a corner therefore stop! I had the biggest segue, (I did the two dialogues), in the second one when I had a guy and two girls, the way I FINALLY ended the bloody things was "Ich muss zur Toilette. Kommt ihr mit?" and the two girls he was with said "Nein! Wir bleiben hier.".

SAAAAD.

LOL @ Sparschwein, Schneeflocke and Geld Guru!

SelphieBoffin

HSC
I found the whole exam relatively easy. That second multiple choice was pretty dodgy. I went with the hausfrau one too, but why would he say that? How random.
I had some trouble with some of the multiple choice in the listening exam too, but yeah it was alright. I'm glad I wasn't writing during the second playing so that I miss information the second time, like I usually do. The question about the parents coming home early was pretty funny. :D
The writing was okay. I was totally prepared to do two cue lines, I hadn't even practiced any letters at all, but then I looked at all the cue lines, and I didn't really feel like doing any of them, so I did the email instead. I didn't notice it said email until about 2 minutes before the end of the exam. I'm glad I didn't leave early! It said to write about 100 words but I wrote about 240.

chepas

HSC
Yeah, I reckon it's harder to write ONLY 100, because by the time you've finished the first paragraph and a bit of the second you're already up to 70 ish or so, and pretty much finished the thingo, without having said anything.

Good I'm not the only one who thinks that the Hausfrau had nothing to do with the price of fish!

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
chepas said:
Yeah, I reckon it's harder to write ONLY 100, because by the time you've finished the first paragraph and a bit of the second you're already up to 70 ish or so, and pretty much finished the thingo, without having said anything.

Good I'm not the only one who thinks that the Hausfrau had nothing to do with the price of fish!
In general, i take word limits in german exams as a minimum guide... else you'd never get anything said, and my teacher, who is fairly knowledgeable about the whole HSC thing, never marked me down for it... beginners might be different, but i'd hope not.

chepas

HSC
Yeah it's gotta be something like that. I mean they ARE looking for all the rubric stuff... variety of vocab, accuracy of vocab, relevance of ideas etc. But that said, the more one craps on the more one apparently could end up making no sense and writing something yuck, pearls of wisdom from one of the other German from OHS...

I wonder if it's worth it getting the raw exam marks from BOS, using "Freedom of Information" as the reason to get them :).

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
apparently it doesn't matter how long u go over the word limit in beginners, they have to mark it (unlike some other subjects). The deutsch teachers at my school are HSC markers and have marked beginners. But of course its not wise going heaps over the limit unless you're really certain that its correct. But they did say that a REALLY good letter that goes over the word limit is much better than a really good one that sticks to the lower end of the word limit, for obvious reasons of the variety of structures you can use, etc.

is it just me or do you miss the OHS tapes?? ok ok, i guess its just me. haha im rather sad, nicht wahr....

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
can you really get raw exam marks?? i think ive seen it mentioned on bos but i havent taken notice.. wow thatd be interesting to get... possibly demoralising (english.........) but all the same interessant....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)