Are you allowed to sign your major work paintings? (1 Viewer)

katiekms

HSC
Like, I’ve heard that you aren’t allowed to reveal your identity in your works since with your VAPD you have to cover your name and stuff so it’s not biased... but would just signing your initials in the painting or even the back be allowed? I want to do this since i do it for every other artwork i do to make it ’mine’.

MJRey

HSC
Can't exactly comment on this because I didn't do visual arts, but the initials would be identifying so maybe don't put them on. Someone who's done VA please come on here and give a better answer.

temporarylol

HSC
Uni Grad
Like, I’ve heard that you aren’t allowed to reveal your identity in your works since with your VAPD you have to cover your name and stuff so it’s not biased... but would just signing your initials in the painting or even the back be allowed? I want to do this since i do it for every other artwork i do to make it ’mine’.
ask your teacher?

HSC
Oop, I did give away my name at the start of my VAPD to testify that it was all my own work. I think you should be fine, so long as there’s nothing too revealing about your school or your identity

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
I dont see any harm in just signing your initials on to it. You can always just sign on it after?

tote bag

HSC
i have my full name written in big permanent letters on the back of my canvas... my teacher didnt say anything about it so i dont think its a problem since its on the back but i am a bit worried tbh

katiekms

HSC
i have my full name written in big permanent letters on the back of my canvas... my teacher didnt say anything about it so i dont think its a problem since its on the back but i am a bit worried tbh
it would help if we had accessible information about it yk… but i guess that’s too hard lmao

HSC
it would help if we had accessible information about it yk… but i guess that’s too hard lmao
Yeah I think it’s pretty vague, id hold off till you get into contact with your teacher but tbh i don’t think initials are a surefire giveaway of a students identity. My teacher stopped a classmate doing photomedia from taking a photo in his school jacket cause the logo literally said our name but letters are a different story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)