Should I Get A New Job? (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
I've been working at maccas for the past 7 months now and mostly I have been only getting one 3 hour shift a week ($35) and this is not enough. I want to find a place where I can work every weekend with at least $50-60 per week. My local EB is hiring sales associates. Should I apply there or I should wait for a JB-Hifi or harvey norman position to become available? because I'm interested in music, games and IT. Or I should just stick with maccas?

ellen.louise

HSC
Beege said:
I've been working at maccas for the past 7 months now and mostly I have been only getting one 3 hour shift a week ($35) and this is not enough. I want to find a place where I can work every weekend with at least $50-60 per week. My local EB is hiring sales associates. Should I apply there or I should wait for a JB-Hifi or harvey norman position to become available? because I'm interested in music, games and IT. Or I should just stick with maccas?
apply for somewhere else, but don't quit where you are till you get the new job. apply everywhere. best offer/only offer wins!

CieL

HSC
Just because you apply doesn't mean you'll get the job.

So if I were you, I'd apply for everything, then go with whoever replies you first.. if they do at all

Beege

HSC
The EB position is a sales associate position. What does that involve?

It says you need retail experience. The only experience I have is delivering newspapers and assembling burgers. Should I just lie that I've had retail experience?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Beege said:
The EB position is a sales associate position. What does that involve?

It says you need retail experience. The only experience I have is delivering newspapers and assembling burgers. Should I just lie that I've had retail experience?
I thought EB only gave jobs to 40yo virgin hardcore gamers...

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Fuck maccas off. Get a position that will be relevant to your career.

tempco

HSC
Beege said:
I'd assume they would ask for/call your references if you've claimed to have retail experience.

Definitely apply for other jobs at Coles/Woolies/etc. They're always looking for casual/part-time sales assistants, and I know a few people who've been employed without prior retail experience.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
And to some extent - you will have had some retail experience at Maccas?

Even though it's technically isn't...

Beege

HSC
Where are some good places to work with computers, software, gadgets etc.?

tempco

HSC
Dick Smith/Powerhouse, Tandy, Harris Technology, EB Games, GamesWizard, Harvey Norman, etc.

Beege

HSC
As I've mentioned, my local EB is hiring casual sales associates. What does the role of a sales associate usually involve, what is the pay like (I'm turning 18 at the end of this month) and do you reckon I will get at least one 6 hour shift every saturday or sunday?

Skeeta

HSC
uh, go in and ask them.

Casual means you work any time but usually weekends (suits students and the like) And, you uh... sell things?

You will probably get award wages which is around $10-12 if you're 18.

T

Testpilot

You are not likely to get a job at EB, they tend to hire older (as in in their 20s) people so that they can have only 1-2 staff members for a shift.

HSC
Make sure you have asked who ever assigns shifts at macca's for extra shifts. If that doesnt work, then dont stick around. I was in a similar position when i was 14, only getting 1 4 hour shift ( about $20 at that time) a week. Even though i asked bout 5 times nothing happened. So i quit, and it led to even better jobs.

Apply for a few different places.

Beege

HSC
I've applied on the coles myer website for a job. I checkboxed Target, Kmart, Coles & Officeworks. They will probably take ages but still I've applied.

Beege

HSC
Should I apply for pizza hut as well or I should just leave fast food out of the equation?

T

Testpilot

Beege said:
I've applied on the coles myer website for a job. I checkboxed Target, Kmart, Coles & Officeworks. They will probably take ages but still I've applied.
It really depends on what areas you put down. It took about a month from start to finish for me to get a job at Coles (for others it has taken months, luck of the draw i guess). They tend to hire in bulk (e.g. I was hired as part of a group of about 12).

For more info see the thread on the CML Employment process floating around somewhere in the employment section of this forum.

Beege

HSC
I didn't really fill out the referee page though. I just put 'Currently Employed' in every text box.

T

Testpilot

I'm pretty sure they didn't check my references. So don't worry.

CieL

HSC
Beege said:
You're better off looking for the adverts in the colesgroup site.. it's quite hard to find, but there's lists of which location and what store needs what type of people..

That site really sucks [for me]..

I applied online in the start of 06.. went thru the group interview BS at the end of 06, then still nothing.. but I got a job at the beginning of 07 with colesgroup after I applied for a specific position at a specific store.

And whilst I was waiting I went thru like 3 other jobs lol..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)