Wrist/hand damage from exams? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hey guys, i went a little bit overboard during my legal studies exam and now everytime i pick up a pen and try to write i get this pain shooting up my wrist and into my arm.

Im a bit worried cuz i can't write properly and i have my Ancient History exam on friday, is this the kind of thing that 'just goes away'? If not what can i do?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
it's just a muscle strain... do you have any cream (dencorub or something) you can apply? just rest it.. u will definitely be fine for friday.. take it easy

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Rhanoct said:
it's just a muscle strain... do you have any cream (dencorub or something) you can apply? just rest it.. u will definitely be fine for friday.. take it easy
you mean like deep heat cream?

HSC
Not to worry, it should go away by today/tomorrow; just take it easy on the wrist/hand.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
-may-cat- said:
you mean like deep heat cream?
yeh.. u can even bandage it if it hurts too much... but dont stress about it.. itll be gone by fri

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Rhanoct said:
yeh.. u can even bandage it if it hurts too much... but dont stress about it.. itll be gone by fri
ok, cool, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

But, say it does not go away, like still hurting by wed/thurs?
would it be grounds for misadventure?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Yes, a friend of mine got misadventure for english paper 2 courtesy of a minor wrist unjury

HSC
-may-cat- said:
ok, cool, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

But, say it does not go away, like still hurting by wed/thurs?
would it be grounds for misadventure?
I would say so, or maybe special provisions?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
kevinx2 said:
I would say so, or maybe special provisions?
do i just get a doctors cert and tell the school? or does it go through the BoS, sorry, i just don't know what the procedure is for this kind of thing

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Hey guys, i went a little bit overboard during my legal studies exam and now everytime i pick up a pen and try to write i get this pain shooting up my wrist and into my arm.

Im a bit worried cuz i can't write properly and i have my Ancient History exam on friday, is this the kind of thing that 'just goes away'? If not what can i do?
i have like a indent in a finger and like bump in another haha from holding my pen

OliverQ

HSC
deep heat spray is the best thing for stuff like that

georgiabrown712

HSC
Maybe you could try doing some light stretches to loosen up the muscles. Try putting your arm out in front of you and slowly pulling your hand back towards you. That's what helps me when my hand gets sore from over doing it in exams.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Stretching is good, but better after having the wrist relaxed.

Soak the wrist in really warm water as to relax the muscles. A hot bath is a good idea (should do good for your nerves too haha).

As soon as you get out of the bath, do some wrist exercises. I'll tell you a few of my Piano exercises:

- Hold your arm out infront of your body with your palm turned upwards towards the roof. Use your other hand to pull the sore one towards you.

- Do the same, but with the palm facing down toward the floor.

- Bend each finger forward as far as they can bend themselves, then put slight pressure on top of each finger.

- Place your hand on a wall and lean into it, lean off the wall and lean back onto it, putting only your fingertips on the wall and rolling your hand onto it's palm. Repeat.

- Clench a fist and roll your wrist in every direction possible.

Then apply deep heat to keep the muscles warm. Yo may also want to apply a Heat Pack, they do wonders for muscle strain.

Also, get a pen that doesn't give your wrist pain. The pen you are using is obviously not doing you good.

It could be your tenadans playing up. Don't worry if it is. As long as you don't over work your hand, nothing will go wrong. Beware of RSI and the such.

Last edited:

bendha

HSC
We've all got FUCKING PERMANENT CALLUSES ON OUR FINGERS.

Putting up your middle finger and you'll see a fucking distorted finger lulz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)