• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

☼☼☼Want new MuSIK Player - no Ipod☼☼☼ (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
ipod = vendor lock = screwing yourself and other competitors

iRivers are popular among my non-ipod friends, and samsung are trying to compete with their line of P2 players

I think theres also a site called anythingbutipod.com

melonkitten

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
get an ipod.

seriously name one good reason not to.
conformist, and expensive (relitively) (not really that much)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I like my ipod i was considering getting another one when i was in the market after my last one, but i found no reason not to use anything else, they are great and i find they work well,

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I don't consider it conforming i think the reason they are so popular is cos they are so good.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
I don't consider it conforming i think the reason they are so popular is cos they are so good.
The Apple Ipod may have set the benchmark in the market as to what should be an excellent music player, however their proprietary and secretive attitudes push prices beyond what they should be.

Accessories such as a radio attachment or car chargers for the Ipod cost premium, yet they can be easily implemented in other mp3 players without hassle.

Support competition so that we don't pay more than what we should for goods

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
And also, the Ipod's sound quality isn't all that great, either. It's good enough for the average person, but you can really hear the difference when you compare it to better mp3 players out there.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I had a sandisk for a year, but then the metal contacts in the player screwed up, resulted in one ear playing and the other silent until you held it to one side

johony

HSC
get a zune lol

seriously though, they are actually really awesome devices.

Last edited:

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Samsung P2

it has an FM radio (recording), voice recorder, dictionary (u gotta dl urself) + other stuff

music quality is tops and better than ipod too

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally don't like iPods even though I own an 80GB 5.5G, I use my Creative Zen Vision:M way more. If the OP wants something that's 4 or 8GB then I would suggest the Creative ZEN or the X-Fi, you can always throw in an SD card loaded up with movies/music if you need more storage. The P2 is a good player if you get it at the right price but it is a little too much I think.

And for all those people out there saying to get an iPod, what happens if I want to put music onto it from two computers?

I will concede one point though, the iPod has a tonne of accessories for it which is something that the other brands don't have.

Venom.

HSC
Buy a Zune.

Quite easily the best piece of machinery invented by Microsoft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)