0-Week (1 Viewer)

SaveFerris

Who's going to what events? Are you going to everything, or nothing?

Personally, I'm undecided...I know I'll go to the undergrad welcome and my faculty welcome (Humanities & Social Sciences) but beyond that have no idea what will be worthwhile and what won't...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah i'm going to the wednesday general o-day too as well as my faculty one on friday for DAB. and apparently thursday night is *the* time for stuff... like i dunno bands or some crap so i'll prolly take the night off work for that too. as for the other days... i think it's mainly lectures about "how to get back into study" and assorted stuff like that, personally i couldn't be assed though maybe others are interested..=)

schwang_thang

hey has ne1 heard abt the commencement party? is ne1 goin 2 that or issit the kinda events that no1 goes 2 except enthusiasts?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
what's the commencement party...? is it similar to that thing that unsw are having with their dance party thing on thursda night?

schwang_thang

have u got the UTS diary yet? it has sum dates on the very back page

neways the commencement party is march 6th...i think thats a thurs as well. ive got no idea if its like unsw's party but apparently UTS has a bit of a reputation 4 parties so i think it'd b pretty gud

iTCHeZ

Da Fei GHeY
HSC
well the last end of semester party last year was pretty crap...and the one before that in the 2nd semester of uni....it was just fudged up i tell u...uts parties have gotten abit crappier lately. There will be posters n stuff up on what they have for the coming commencement party, who the djs are etc... oh well...hopefully it'll b a good one this sem

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
has anyone been to the UTS o-week thingies yet? is it any good or not really worth the effort..?

SaveFerris

I went in for the welcome/info sessions/campus tours yesterday so I could get an idea of where everything was, how it all ran, etc. It was a pretty good day but I don't think it would make a particularly big difference to your first few weeks at UTS had you not gone.

I couldn't be bothered going in for the study lectures today but will definitely be at O-day tomorrow. According to one of the guys that spoke yesterday O-day is a pretty big event and they get HEAPS of people there.

Yeah, they plugged the commencement party a bit (March 6th) and also the Killing Heidi gig happening at the uni in the following week...March 13th I think, but don't quote me on that...

ben

I went to UTS Kuring-gai for Welcome and Faculty Welcome. Went back the next day for Study Success Lectures ( :eek: ).
Went to Union O day today. And that's it for me until we start next week!

schwang_thang

O-day was pretty cool...it was really stuffy n crowded in there but it got free noodles! (hmmm 1. i never even eat noodles & 2. we have a box fulla noodles at home :p ) n i met up with heaps of old friends which was the best :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah i went to o-day today i wanted to join TROUTS (the drama thing) and the architecture society but neither of them had stalls there today...

and yeah the killing heidi thing is on march 13th. it's for >18's only though how annoying is that.. i'm not 18 till march 18th.. so i'm gonna try and use my STA card or sneak in or something.

schwang_thang

ummm i joined sum business society - it was one of them acronyms, i think ADYA or sumthing like that
i was thinking of joining the debating society cos i was a debater at school but i read the brochure n figured i'd b 2 lazy 2 attend all the functions n stuff

ben

You said "ummm i joined sum business society - it was one of them acronyms, i think ADYA or sumthing like that" - I was wondering what exactly you do.

I'm enrolled at the city but taking bus lectures and tuts at kuringgai - so i went to the business faculty welcome at kuringgai last thursday

schwang_thang

oh icic...ok the society i joined is actually called AYBC (i knew there was a 'y' in there sumwhere). it's this org. that's hooked up with the AYBC group in usyd & unsw n they hold cocktail parties n balls n stuff (thats wat the chick told me when i signed up). from the aybc column in the uts mag: 'we provide opportunities to build connections in the business community...' actually i don't all that much

h/e from wat ive heard from practically every1 the other bus. society, AISEC or sumthing like that, is heaps better - apparently theyve got connections in 23 countries or sumthing n its pretty massive. the ppl at uts were heavily advertising that society during the introductory gathering thingy so ill join up with that society too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)