'02 HSC extended response (Q22) (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
An organisation purchased a high volume laser printer in November 2001. The printer is shared by many users and is in a common area. The maintenance of this laser printer is the responsibilty of the IT department. A copy of the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and the log of the maintenance performed on the laser printer are provided on pgs 24/25. A number of problems have occurred with the laser printer, and these are documented on the maintenance log.

With reference to the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and the log of maintenance performed, prepare a report for your manager critically analysing the situation with the laser printer. Your report should justify recommendations for the future use and management of the laser printer.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
This question isn't too difficult just list the points where they went wrong, give advice as to what they should do according to the manufactures manual, its good to just think OK, im the bloke who knows all about the printer, and every aspect of it, and only i know about it, everyone consults me for help, as opposed to the manager, so basically ok if u were the manager, wouldnt u expect hiring someone for IT needs, would be easily to summarise whats the basic procedures for the printer, instead of having u as the manager go through and do this job thats not ur job. So assume the manager has jack shit idea, list the things the manufacture guides say, but express it in ur own words

one example

According to the maintenance log Copies dirty, strakey, Cleaned and new toner, was an issue at 147 217 copies, this is because the printer unit required a replacement, according to the manufacture's guidelines every 100 000 pages, the printer unit must be changed. Then state some basic procedure of how to go about replacing it.

That's one point addressed then u just observe the log compare it to the manufacturer's guidelines

simple eh?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i done this question in class
i separated it into subheadings so it looks like a report... (had to redo this coz my teacher mark it down coz my layout was wrong)

i wrote about
- untrained workers opeating the printer
- 'toner bottle' is not the company's ink --- > warranty dont cover, for future it actually consists of more costs/problems to fix the printer's problems
- better maintenance of the printer

recommendations:
- trained staff
- authentic toner
- rountine maintenance
-accurate logging
- distribution of maintenance schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)