12 units - should I not study for my worst subject? (1 Viewer)

mpkd

HSC
N/A
So I have 12 units and obviously only 10 units count towards your atar. General maths is my weakest subject and I'm pretty certain that it's not going to be a part of the 10 units that gets counted. Should I just not study for it if I know that it's not going to count??????

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Just study for it man you've come this far

It's the final stretch, just give it your all

You never know you might even surprise yourself with the mark you could get if you were to study

EDIT:

Don't do something that you may regret in the future

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC
guys, pretty sure OP is a 2014'er, as Crisium has seemed to realise. :)

mpkd

HSC
N/A
Just study for it man you've come this far

It's the final stretch, just give it your all

You never know you might even surprise yourself with the mark you could get if you were to study

That's true but the issue that's stopping me from studying for it though is the fact that I have business studies, and economics next week consecutively after maths. I'm in top 3 for business and eco and I'm ranked 8th for maths so that makes me think that studying for maths will just be pointless. idk, is it logical for me to think that I shouldn't study for maths though

IR

HSC
This is not the time to ask questions as such. Should've managed time earlier so this wouldn't have about the economics thing. HSC timetable was out ages ago and you should have considered this. But now I would say, leave your worst subject. But its your choice completely so you can't blame me if you screw up something else.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
As a person who did 12 units and their 'worst' subject was quite a stand out when compared to the rest of their marks...

I can say that I don't regret studying as much as I could for my worst subject.

Mainly because Physics was my last exam so I had nothing to lose :haha: but even if it was in the middle - I'd still give it my all.

Up to you but I think you should give it your 'all' cause who knows? Your worst subject might become one of your best (it doesn't always happen - like for me - but it has happened for other people)

britaker

HSC
Who knows if it will count or not :) Might as well give it a shot, it is the HSC after all xD

harrypotterfan

HSC
Maybe don't give it as much consideration as you would other subjects, but still do try. You have nothing to lose (except maybe a little bit of time), but you will if say, you were asked to produce your HSC certificate for a scholarship or something (ALL your results will be on it, so imagine that one black mark..). Plus if you've persevered with that subject for 2 years, I don't see why you shouldn't give it your all :) That way you'll never have regrets.

And yeah what people said too, you never know you may do better in it than you think. Plus, if you do 'mess up' another exam, at least you have the safety net.

mpkd

HSC
N/A
I'll definitely take on board what everyone has said, thanks for the advice guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)