• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

12 units (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
u must be doing at least 12 units for year 11 but i know some people with 10 or 11 units. does this mean they are not eglible for an uai?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Danger said:
u must be doing at least 12 units for year 11 but i know some people with 10 or 11 units. does this mean they are not eglible for an uai?
They're still eligible. It's just that some schools have a minimum number of units that students must take on in the preliminary year. :eek:

Danger

HSC
are you serious? i thought it was at least 12 units for all schools..

betraya

ABC
HSC
I'm from Sydney Technical High and i'm doing 11 units. i could've done a 1 unit course like psychology or studies of religion but i decided not to pick it. English Extension 1 wasn't what i wanted to do so the deputy let me have 11 units

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
This is fucked up. I could have sworn 12 units was the MINIMUM amount needed in your preliminary year in order to receive a UAI. Accelerating aside, of course.

I am quite confused.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Me too. But I'd rather do 12 units :)

cccclaire

HSC
betraya said:
I'm from Sydney Technical High and i'm doing 11 units. i could've done a 1 unit course like psychology or studies of religion but i decided not to pick it. English Extension 1 wasn't what i wanted to do so the deputy let me have 11 units
what??

I wanted to drop EX1 to drop down to 11 units and was told I couldn't because of board of studies requirements.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Jachie said:
This is fucked up. I could have sworn 12 units was the MINIMUM amount needed in your preliminary year in order to receive a UAI. Accelerating aside, of course.

I am quite confused.
I believe it is 12 units, I'll have a look around for where it officially states that later if no one finds it.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
so in a way, the schools ripping us off, lying to us, messing around with our studies, distrusting the decisions we make etc. but only to look out for us in a sense ?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
That means there's about a term and a few weeks left and we'll be starting our HSC :eek: Time flies through pretty fast.

jez-lil-bitty

HSC
well i only do 10 units atm
n thats yr 11
i started the yr doin an tafe aged care course
which i had done last yr as wel
it fin half way thru term 1 so i was able to count
it tiwards my HSC
so i now do 10
it makes life sooooooooooo
much easier
:)

over9k

HSC
hey, does anyone here know if it's possible to do a LOTE course in year 12 if you haven't already in the preliminary year?

would they be able to obtain an UAI?

someone i know wants to do that.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
In my school, we have to do at least 13 units at the begining of the year. Some people can't cope with the Ext1 unit or a subject ,so they drop to 12 unit. A few really smart people are doing 14units with both Eng and Maths Ext.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
I go to Sydney Girls High School and it is possible to do 11 units since they stopped making it compulsory for everyone to do Ext Maths and English in year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)