• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

13 Units for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Kat.crazi

HSC
I am currently going into my HSC year with subjects: English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Chemistry, Biology, SOR II (13 units)
Would I be able to manage this considering I have a part time job (averaging only 4-8hrs per week) and am aiming for an ATAR of 95+? I wanted to drop to SOR I but it doesn't align with my schedule and it will be difficult to do (I go to a school where SOR I is required). However, I might be able to drop down next year if I push for it.
I don't want to drop any of my other subjects, and I have always wanted to do English Extension 2, so it would be upsetting if I had to forgo it in place of SOR II.

saltedparsley

HSC
13 sounds ok-ish, plus english ext2 is a major so you'll be finished with that before hsc season even starts
as long as you don't get to 15 you should be fine, i did that for ~2 wks and wanted to die

zahri992

HSC
I am currently going into my HSC year with subjects: English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Chemistry, Biology, SOR II (13 units)
Would I be able to manage this considering I have a part time job (averaging only 4-8hrs per week) and am aiming for an ATAR of 95+? I wanted to drop to SOR I but it doesn't align with my schedule and it will be difficult to do (I go to a school where SOR I is required). However, I might be able to drop down next year if I push for it.
I don't want to drop any of my other subjects, and I have always wanted to do English Extension 2, so it would be upsetting if I had to forgo it in place of SOR II.
i'm on 13 units it's not that bad and there's like peace of mind in knowing something might not even count lol if it's not as high as your other results. eg in yr11 dt was my highest subject, i was averaging 95%, but this year my average is much lower than other subjects i was considering dropping for y12. just do what you feel you need to do :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)