• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

13 units? (1 Viewer)

LaraCroft_87

HSC
Hey say i do 12 units now.
Then i add history extension, 1 unit.
Can i drop another subject and still have a backup?

Kulazzi

HSC
yes, cos then it would add to 11 units. The markers I think have some sort of system with odd numbered units. They take like half-half or something like that (heard it off a friend). Maybe you can ask your deputy curriculum how they count it with odd-numbered units. :confused: :)

Hope this answers what you asked :p

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
they break each subject down to a mark on a "per unit basis", thus 1 unit of a 2 unit subject can count.

but yeah you can drop a sub and still have a back up unit. its up too you. i have 2 friends who are doing 13 units. i personally wouldnt, but hey you can do 13 and always drop throughout the course of the year if ot proves to be to difficult

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
yes, cos then it would add to 11 units. The markers I think have some sort of system with odd numbered units. They take like half-half or something like that (heard it off a friend). Maybe you can ask your deputy curriculum how they count it with odd-numbered units. :confused: :)

Hope this answers what you asked :p

btw whats with the deputy of curriculm thing? we have a deputy of development and a deputy of operations, i think

Kulazzi

HSC
we-ell we have a deputy curriculum who helps with our subject choices and curriculum stuff, you know the type who gives advice on subjects??? I don't knnow what other schools call them so yeah.....

Edit: Is that you in your avatar????

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^ oh okayies cool :) yeah one of our deputies deals with stuff like that, although just not called curriculm person .. yeah it is me in my av ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)