• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2 Unit and Prelim Maths Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I am a bit confused as to which is which. Am I right in saying that the content covered in '2 Unit Maths' is equivalent to 'Prelim Maths Extension 1'

and '3 Unt Maths' is equivalent to 'HSC Maths extension 1'?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Lol, i just got confused with what you said. For quite a long time, it's been called 2 unit maths, but as of the lately, we now refer to it as just Mathematics. So you got prelim Mathematics and HSC Mathematics
Same goes for 3 unit, which is now known as Maths Extension 1 and of course 4 unit is known as Maths Extension 2.
So the high school progression in difficulty of maths is: General Mathematics, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braintic

HSC
N/A
Lol, i just got confused with what you said. For quite a long time, it's been called 2 unit maths, but as of the lately, we now refer to it as just Mathematics. So you got prelim Mathematics and HSC Mathematics
Same goes for 3 unit, which is now known as Maths Extension 1 and of course 4 unit is known as Maths Extension 2.
So the high school progression in difficulty of maths is: General Mathematics, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The terms '2 unit', '3 unit' and '4 unit' haven't been used since 2000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)