• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2 weird questions, HELP! (1 Viewer)

sams057

HSC
well, at least i found them weird.

ok the first one is :

Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of various legal measures in achieveing justice in one criminal justice issue.

ok thats the question. but i have another question. what is the difference between a legal measure and a non legal measure? what do they mean? (please give examples)

second one:

i cant remember the exact question but it said something like 'discuss the apellate jurisdiction of nsw courts.'

please help!

cxlxoxk

HSC
sams057 said:
well, at least i found them weird.

ok the first one is :

Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of various legal measures in achieveing justice in one criminal justice issue.

ok thats the question. but i have another question. what is the difference between a legal measure and a non legal measure? what do they mean? (please give examples)

second one:

i cant remember the exact question but it said something like 'discuss the apellate jurisdiction of nsw courts.'

please help!
=S those are easy concepts...

i)

an example of a legal measure is a court.

an example of a non legal measure is a reform commission that can only reccomend changes to the parliament, meaning the parliament doesn't neccessarily have to listen and/or make changes to existing law.

ii)

appellate jurisdiction is the system of appeals, eg. your not happy with a decision made in a court, so you take it to a higher level court.

sams057

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
=S those are easy concepts...

i)

an example of a legal measure is a court.

an example of a non legal measure is a reform commission that can only reccomend changes to the parliament, meaning the parliament doesn't neccessarily have to listen and/or make changes to existing law.

ii)

appellate jurisdiction is the system of appeals, eg. your not happy with a decision made in a court, so you take it to a higher level court.
ok thanx heaps but what about the first question:

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
well what criminal justice issue have u chosen to do first
second what dont u understand about the uestion?????

fleck27

HSC
The question is referring to a criminal justice issue you should have chosen to study in class e.g. mandatory sentencing, juvenile justice.

You just have to evaluate the legal mesaures used in relation e.g. new legislation- say its strengths weaknesses and possibly give recommendations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)