2002 HSC 2unit re paper (1 Viewer)

Dave85

HSC
Okay i was looking through the 2002 HSC paper the other day and Part D question (b) on religion/non religion (from the re and media topic) looked like a crappy question. It said u had 2 look at the difference between athiesm as a non religious perspective and compare it 2 a religious tradtition... yet in the syllabus it says u can choose wateva non religious perspective u want. My problem is, if i got this question i wud not be able to answer it since we did secular humanism and NOT athiesm. Does anybody else hav a problem with this question??

yasminwright

yes i have a big problem with that question!!! We didn't concentrate on atheism either we kind of skimmed over that bit and concentrated on secular humanism too. Can they do that? are they allowed to? i though it was an EITHER/OR point in the syllabus

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
if u got a doubt with a question
refer it to the marker's comments documents

Candidates were asked to explain the difference between the non-religious perspective of
atheism and a religious tradition in two nominated areas. Better responses outlined the basis
of the beliefs about two of the issues described and detailed how the philosophy underpinning
each response differed. Whilst the question closely indicated that candidates should address
atheism, those who referred to other non-religious perspectives were not disadvantaged.

Dave85

HSC
they might not be disadvantaged in marking but if i saw that question and they specified athiesm i wud babble on about athiesm even if i didnt know it. As a result i wudnt do secular humanism and i wud be disadvantaged. Yasminwright... no they shudnt do that they are supposed 2 stick 2 the syllabus.

Alexander

Gold Member
Have you seen that question where it says 'compare a secular belief system and a religious tradition's approach to an issue affecting the environment'? how wacked is that!---I dont like FS3

BLOODY 1unitbastardpricks!!!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
Have you seen that question where it says 'compare a secular belief system and a religious tradition's approach to an issue affecting the environment'? how wacked is that!---I dont like FS3

BLOODY 1unitbastardpricks!!!
small tip on answering such question :)

try to *cof* makeup *cof* name a newspaper article related to this topic so that it shows you know a lot and is widely read :)

be realistic though....kinda like related text in english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)