2004 uais higher or lower (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If they just stay the same i'll be happy!
I'm gunna say probably either a SLIGHT bit higher or a SLIGHT bit lower since laz who's been into this for ages seems to be saying the # of people in performance bands is about the same as last year.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i reckon a little bit lower. for me i was estimated on sam to get 97.40 but i think thatll drop to about 97.10

Acid

HSC
lukebennett said:
i reckon a little bit lower. for me i was estimated on sam to get 97.40 but i think thatll drop to about 97.10
I got that exact same UAI from SAM. Hope it stays like that. Although it seems a few too many people on this forum are getting over 95 - is it usually this high?

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Well this site has grown in popularity a great deal over the past year or so, as such it would be expected that there are more people getting over 95.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yes. look at other years. stacks of people ove 95 and particularly 98 too. we should be right. have a check at the cut off for bands and see if more people meet the cut off than last year. that may show what your marks will be worth or if your estimate goes up or down

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Asquithian said:
I don't think it will be too dramatic. As long as band distributions are about the same as last year uais won't change that much.
What do you mean by "too dramatic"? Too dramatic for me is a fluctuation of about 0.25

My SAM prediction was 96.75, and I wanna get into commerce at UNSW which last year had a cutoff of 96....

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the commerce cutoff will rise.

Last edited:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i think that the lower you get the higher the fluctuation. if youre 99 it might be only 0.1 but 95 it could be like 0.75

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
no i dont think so. they cant know because the uac need the uais to determine what the cut offs are. they cant know till people have to finalise their preferences

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
absolution* said:
if its 98.00 would the lowest be like 97.8?
possibly. check whether the amount of people in b6 has changed greatly from last year in your subjects

specialjenny

HSC
Asquithian said:
I'll guarantee one thing it will uais will be lower than last year...every year you have needed higher marks that the year before to achieve the same uai...
awwww.....you just bursted my bubble...even when I know deep in my heart that it would drop..but hey....a hope is better than no hope at all!

--between 75 and 80 is a major gap.......i dont think it will go down that much......---

Well that's what SAM told me from 2002 to 2003...

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Asquithian said:
I'll guarantee one thing it will uais will be lower than last year...every year you have needed higher marks that the year before to achieve the same uai...
Not from 2002 to 2003. If you type some random marks in some random subjects in SAM I think you'll find that your UAI for 2003 was greater than your UAI for 2002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)