• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2005 - i just need some recommendations plz (1 Viewer)

sammi176

hey all, i have just currently entered into year 12 and beginning my PIP. I am having a little trouble with narrowing down my topic> "Child slavery". I need this to be narrowed down and am possibly thinking of doing it about the carpet indistry or related cases. If I decide to do this my title will be "Today's struggle for tomorrow's freedom". However, i am worried I wont be able to gather any primary research. Any ideas???? Also, I have thought around the idea of ehnic gender, race, multiculturalism and immigration. I am interested in any of these aspects and any help on a more narrow topic within these areas would be greatly apprecidated. Thankyou. And good luck.

spooky's.gal

HSC
well you're on the right track, first you gotta check out where you can get info, what sorta primary research you can do. if you're finding that there is bugger all on the topic then its probably a good time to rethink your topic. typically speaking its never too late to change topics (except for maybe a week before its due!). everyone in my S&C class, including myself, found that our topics ended up being so refined that they very small specific topics rather than the big broad ones we all started with. the more refined and specific your topic is, the less trouble you will have, i know that something kinda broad sounds really great when you're starting, but you have to remember that you have word limits etc on the final product - always keep that in mind, coz that is what most people have trouble with at the last minute.
hope this has been a little bit of help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)